Ring Floodlight Pro Wired - BI?

ruasonid

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does anyone have recent experience with the subject camera and Blue Iris? I'd be interested to know what is/is not possible.

This product has a brightness control and brightness can be adjusted by the Ring App. Is that going to be possible via BI?

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ring is proprietary and only works in their universe....

Word in automation forums is that there is a hack where you can pull the public URL from the Ring servers for your Ring Camera as an ingest url, but that depends on Ring never changing that URL and the fact that it is publicly available. But the most you could do is get a video feed maybe.

Most here do not use Ring, nor do we use floodlight cams as the exposure is compromised by the lights coming on and temporarily blinding the camera, and the fact it would be too high to IDENTIFY....

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone have recent experience with the subject camera and Blue Iris? I'd be interested to know what is/is not possible.

This product has a brightness control and brightness can be adjusted by the Ring App. Is that going to be possible via BI?
Amazon is attempting to keep everyone locked in their Amazon cloud and prime membership .. they enjoy the profit margins from subscriptions.

If you need to short circuit that game .. definitely follow looney2ns and wittaj's recommendation: Get a proper IP PoE camera ..

personally, I think a core IP PoE camera setup which is well isolated from the internet and a couple of internet cloud cameras work for many .. I really do not want to go 100% cloud dependent ..

ruasonid

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the guidance. I'm somewhat limited on siting for the camera and security lighting (driveway) by the filed of view (to cover the property) and access through the wall to power (and/or network cable). What is the nearest I could position the security light to the camera (assuming they are independent components) without blowing out the image?