ROCAM NC300 setup w/ Blue Iris

wildbilloh

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all, I've been reading thru the forums here for awhile trying to find any info on adding a ROCAM NC300 to Blue Iris.

I was able to add it as a generic JPEG camera after trying many of the listed setups / urls. I can't PTZ with it tho (while I can using the included camera web interface).

Has anyone gotten this camera to work with Blue Iris or know of some generic settings to use to get PTZ to work? ONVIF couldn't find it, but I was able to get it to display using iSpy (still no PTZ tho).

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

-Bill

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello all, I've been reading thru the forums here for awhile trying to find any info on adding a ROCAM NC300 to Blue Iris.

I was able to add it as a generic JPEG camera after trying many of the listed setups / urls. I can't PTZ with it tho (while I can using the included camera web interface).

Has anyone gotten this camera to work with Blue Iris or know of some generic settings to use to get PTZ to work? ONVIF couldn't find it, but I was able to get it to display using iSpy (still no PTZ tho).

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

-Bill
welcome to the forum..that camera does not support onvif...in the ptz tab enable it and try selection from foscam and wanscam. If you can still return the camera my advice would be to do so. Its a very low end vga mjpeg camera.

wildbilloh

n3wb
Reaction score
Fenderman...thanks for the welcome and advice! I am new to Blue Iris and bought a couple cameras to play with just to get started. I got this one in question and a DLink 930L. Do you have any recommendations for a PTZ that is reasonably priced?

Thanks again, lots to learn here!

-Bill

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Good PTZs start at around $500, give or take, not $50. It is unfortunate, but true. If you are dead set on getting a PTZ for less than that, I have had decent luck with my trendnet 1MP cam, which costs around $150. Blue Iris can control Trendnet's low end PTZs like this.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Fenderman...thanks for the welcome and advice! I am new to Blue Iris and bought a couple cameras to play with just to get started. I got this one in question and a DLink 930L. Do you have any recommendations for a PTZ that is reasonably priced?

Thanks again, lots to learn here!

-Bill
Send both back....Pan tilt in the low end consumer market is a gimmick perpetuated by companies selling low resolution cameras with very narrow field of views. It useless a security device as you will not be motoring the camera 24/7...you are WAY better off using a wide angle 1080p camera such as this rebranded hikvision. http://www.overstock.com/Electronics/LaView-2MP-Resolution-Wireless-Indoor-Security-Camera-with-Night-Vision-Micro-SD-Slot-Motion-Detection-and-Alarm-Connection/10297537/product.html

wildbilloh

n3wb
Reaction score
Good info guys...I will take a look into that one you linked. As far as decent USB cameras that I could attach directly to the PC running the software and monitor the room it's in...any suggestions?

Thanks again for all your advice. :)

-Bill

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Good info guys...I will take a look into that one you linked. As far as decent USB cameras that I could attach directly to the PC running the software and monitor the room it's in...any suggestions?

Thanks again for all your advice. :)

-Bill
Blue iris works with almost any usb camera...though usb cameras do not have IR cut filter for night vision..