Rogue disconnected alerts

ipOsX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
After test installing a few new Hik cameras plugged into a POE and monitored on my PC, I'm getting very frequent offline alerts about two of the
DS-2DE2A404IW-DE3 cams but when I switch my focus to iVMS-4200, these cams are still there, still connected and still working. Do they know when they are not being watched and disconnect themselves for a breather?
iVMS-4200 alert.png

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Do they know when they are not being watched and disconnect themselves for a breather?
Guessing a bit here, as I'm not familiar with that model, but on firmware 5.4.0 and newer Hikvision introduced a network monitor 'deamon' (sic) that counts network packets to try to spot a stalled interface and take action.
It can be a bit troublesome when a camera isn't having video pulled.

Example : 5.4.5 Network Disconnected Exceptions

ipOsX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Guessing a bit here, as I'm not familiar with that model, but on firmware 5.4.0 and newer Hikvision introduced a network monitor 'deamon' (sic) that counts network packets to try to spot a stalled interface and take action.
It can be a bit troublesome when a camera isn't having video pulled.

Example : 5.4.5 Network Disconnected Exceptions
Thank you. That's an edifying thread and it looks like I have the same problem as my cams are idle (no alerts, no recording) while I am setting them up. I think they're R7 and I just upgraded to the latest V5.6.14 FW (which suggests that Hikvision don't think it's a problem). But apart from the annoying alert flags, I'm not losing any functionality: my cameras are instantly available to me straight after this alert.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
To confirm its the underlying cause, as an experiment you could see if a continuous ping stops the alerts.

ipOsX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So my problem was different. When pinging didn't stop the alerts I played around a bit more and discovered that they were being caused by cameras which had been disconnected but not removed from my management pane. I was frequently connecting and disconnecting the same cameras so didn't bother to delete them after each disconnection. But iVMS-4200 obviously saw the disconnected cams as a fault and so kept flagging up the alerts. Now that I have only connected cams in my management pane, I see no more alerts.

A little flexibility in the software would be welcome. I should be able to slap a temporary "ignore" flag on cameras so that iVMS-4200 doesn't keep polling them.