Router-modem doesn't recognise our NVR anymore

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
@Ludo Van der Stock
Please mask that 78.23 address in the pictures above, or remove the pictures completely.

If I see this information, your modem/router is put in "bridged" mode and your NVR is currently directly connected to the internet (which is not a best practice at all).
Can you make a simple drawing on how the cabling is currently done?

Code:
--- coax from street --- TN coax splitter --- TV
                                   \\\----- coax ---- wifi+4 ethernet ports
And NVR connected to one of these ports?

Is that correct?

Last edited:

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
OK, but that doesn't fix your problem :)

If you're up to an adventure, I would suggest the following:
- on that old skool VGA screen: untick the "use DHCP" checkbox
- the IPv4 address field should become editable
- enter 192.168.0.200, subnet 255.255.255.0
save that configuration.
Go to your pc, and try to ping 192.168.0.200.
If it responds, fire up VMS thing on .200.
If it does not respond, hail back here, then we'll need to dig into your telenet configuration I'm afraid.

Good luck!
CC

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
The four cameras are PoE on the NVR and locally, and giving perfectly the images on the monitor which stays on the 1st floor.
The iVMS-4200 sees no NVR, so also no cams.
I'm pretty sure nothing is "wrong" with the NVR & cams itself, they will continue to work/record, so no worries there.

It's that something triggered to "push" a WAN ip directly on that NVR, which a Telenet router never should do...

In any case, when this case is solved, I suggest to do change your passwords on your NVR, as it was connected to the "dirty" internet for a while.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
In the meanwhile, please try to login on Telenet: Meld je aan
--> you mentioned the "24*8 DOCSIS", but it is important to check on that page above what EXACT modem you have. I have, for example, "24*8 DOC 3 EMTA(DOCSIS)", which has NO routing nor wifi capability. If I had to connect my NVR to it, it would behave exactly the same as you have, so the procedure I gave you before will not work...

Reaction score
The modem is a 24*8 DOC3 Wireless(DOCSIS) with Eurodocsis 3.0.
I have also a Telenet an "accesspoint" downstairs.
I opened the 'linked apparatus list" on the Telenet website, the MAC address of the NVR is not there, before the intevention it was there (That's why I have the MAC address)

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
The modem is a 24*8 DOC3 Wireless(DOCSIS) with Eurodocsis 3.0.
I have also a Telenet an "accesspoint" downstairs.
I opened the 'linked apparatus list" on the Telenet website, the MAC address of the NVR is not there, before the intevention it was there (That's why I have the MAC address)
Why do you put "accesspoint" in parenthesis? It does matter, because if your pc is connected to that downstairs "accesspoint" (and being in real world a router), your pc might actually reside on another" network than your NVR, that could explain that you cannot ping to 192.168.0.200...

Can you plugin your pc with an ethernet cable to another port on that docsis modem, and have a look at ipconfig which IP your pc gets through that wire (make sure wifi is disabled to avoid ip conflicts).

I'm suspecting you'll get an 78. address too...

Reaction score
Yes, my PC looped through this new (!) accesspoint. I took it out.
My PC IP address is now 192.168.0.216
I pinged 192.168.0.200 (as nos on the NVR) : still host unreachable.
Anyway the configuration is simplier.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Interesting. Now, it can be that your NVR is blocking ping replies...

Two questions:
1) if you ping 192.168.0.200 (even with unreachable), and issue an "arp -a 192.168.0.200", does that show your NVR's mac address?
2) if you try to add 192.168.0.200 in your iVMS, what does that say?

PS. I love "newly" added devices, they add much joy and happiness :p

Reaction score
The Telenet man said 'it was better'"to have an new accespoint'", pff, what a mistake! I don't even need it.
I tried "arp -a" : the MAC address of the NVR (C4:2F:90 etc. ) doesn't figure in the list.
In the iVMS I've +add the device with the .200 IPv4, I receive the error HCNetSDK.dll[7] (Connecting to device failed. The device is offline or the network timed out.)

Reaction score
Aside the "dynamic" items I see 7 "static" types, with 224.0.0 and 239.255. IP addresses.
It's almost 22:00 and Saturday. I'll stop for today.
I thank you sincerely for the help you gave me.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Something wrong with the hardware? Buy a new NVR? So yes, which one, because this type I don't take anymore.
Hi Ludo,
do not loose hope so fast! We will find a solution!
Notwithstanding that the issue started when Telenet messed up something in your network, there seem to be some hikvision NVR/cam issues when the network is hobbling (like yours). IVMS is very picky that all settings are OK.

So let's go back 2 steps:
- make sure on VGA screen your NVR is in 192.168.0.x subnet (fixed IP, not DHCP)
- make sure your pc is on the same physical switch (eg your telenet docsis modem/router) and in same 192.168.0.x subnet
- run SADP discovery tool : Tools - Download - Hikvision --> download SADP

Please show us the output.

Good night and see you tomorrow!
CC

Reaction score
Hi Ludo,
do not loose hope so fast! We will find a solution!
Notwithstanding that the issue started when Telenet messed up something in your network, there seem to be some hikvision NVR/cam issues when the network is hobbling (like yours). IVMS is very picky that all settings are OK.

So let's go back 2 steps:
- make sure on VGA screen your NVR is in 192.168.0.x subnet (fixed IP, not DHCP)
- make sure your pc is on the same physical switch (eg your telenet docsis modem/router) and in same 192.168.0.x subnet
- run SADP discovery tool : Tools - Download - Hikvision --> download SADP

Please show us the output.

Good night and see you tomorrow!
CC
Yes CC, I'm back. On Sunday, the family goes first then the "machines" :)

Check of the ethernet cables: OK. The green LEDs (NVR & PC are blinking) on the Wireless modem/router. The TRx/Rx led on the NVR front panel blinks also green.
The NVR address has now a new 192.168.0.111 and the Desktop PC has 192.168.0.216 as IPv4 address. Both on 192.168.0.x ; I wonder what to do with the IPv6 addresses.
SADP: NO NVR or other device.
iVMS-4200 (in Device Management): NO online device
Advanced IP scanner (from Famatec): NO NVR (192.168.111) or his MAC address.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
If the E link were defective, the leds would not blink on both ends. So there is a software problem.
Well, these led lights might indicate that the hardware is OK, but I'm not (yet) convinced it is the NVR which software is defunct. Especially that after a "network upgrade" these symptoms appeared.

In your post #38: can you confirm that NVR & Desktop are on the same Telenet Docsis modem/router? Not on the access point?

PS. indeed, Sunday Family Day! :p