RTP 500 error after a few hours

steves

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm running v4.4.3.3 x64 of Blue Iris. I recently added a Wansview model K2 camera, which works fine for a few hours then throws this error:

"Signal RTSP: 500 internal server error".

The camera is not dead, I can still hit it through a browser. After rebooting the camera it's fine for a few more hours. Seems like I might have some setting wrong? This camera seems to be fairly new so not a lot of chatter on the web. Has anyone had a similar issue?

thanks,
Steve

Settings

Make: Wansview
Model: NCM GA/GB/630w RTSP
Path: /live/ch0
Camera: 1
RTSP Port: 554
ONVIF port:8999
Receive buffer: 3 mb

Camera: http://www.wansview.com/works/720P/indoor/73.html
Wansview instructions to setup camera on Blue Iris (older version) http://www.wansview.com/uploads/FAQ/Blue Iris installation guide.pdf

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Try increasing the receive buffer to 20mb...also note that wansview makes bottom barrel cameras...return if you can...

steves

n3wb
Reaction score
fenderman,

Thank you for the response, I'll adjust the buffer and return if it fails again. Can anyone suggest a good ip camera with wide (at least 120 degree) viewing angle and night vision? This is a $35 camera on Amazon and fits the bill. Ideally I would like to run cat5 to it vs wireless and 2-way audio is not required but a nice bonus.

I should note my goal is to run this in a summer home hundreds of miles away so it needs to be solid. I have several foscam/foscam rip offs that work well but viewing angle is an issue. I could cut the number of running cameras down if the viewing angle was better.

thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
fenderman,

Thank you for the response, I'll adjust the buffer and return if it fails again. Can anyone suggest a good ip camera with wide (at least 120 degree) viewing angle and night vision? This is a $35 camera on Amazon and fits the bill. Ideally I would like to run cat5 to it vs wireless and 2-way audio is not required but a nice bonus.

I should note my goal is to run this in a summer home hundreds of miles away so it needs to be solid. I have several foscam/foscam rip offs that work well but viewing angle is an issue. I could cut the number of running cameras down if the viewing angle was better.

thanks!
Look at the hikvision cube cameras...the LaView USA LaView Panda LV-PC902F2-W HD with a wide 2.8mm lens is often on sale for 80 or so...it is made by hikvision....it has a pir sensor which blue iris can use as well.
Beware of false marketing when it comes to fov...often the diagonal fov is used to exaggerate viewing angles.

steves

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks again fenderman. Changing the receive buffer didn't fix the issue so I'll return it tomorrow. Ordered a hikvision cube in it's place.

Steve

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks again fenderman. Changing the receive buffer didn't fix the issue so I'll return it tomorrow. Ordered a hikvision cube in it's place.

Steve
Note that most hikvision cubes on amazon are china region...if you try updating the firmware it will brick..also you want the 2.8mm lens for the wide angle you are seeking.
This is the same as the laview..made by hikvision
http://www.nellyssecurity.com/cameras/hi-def-cameras/ip-cameras/2-mp/nsc-242w-c-2mp-indoor-ir-wifi-cube-camera-2-8mm.html

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Several comments on Amazon complained about the English version as well. I got this one from PoE Depot. I'll let you know what actually comes.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JWCV9CU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
you need to understand the difference between english firmware and US/world region...they will all come in english...you will not be able to tell simply by looking at it..search the forum for instructions.
Also remember with hikvision, setting the camera to 2mp will yield a wider horizontal fov...and note that a native 2mp camera will result in better low light/night performance.