RTSP with Q-See QCN8030D

rracctv

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I know this is the Dahua section, but hopefully it is ok to post this here. I am trying to use tinycam android app on my QCN8030D's substream but I can only get the main stream. I have played around with variations of this format. Can someone let me know what I am doing wrong? I attempted to get chat support with Q-See which went no where.

I am using Generic vendor and Generic model with the below RTSP request and RTSP protocol settings.

rtsp://IPADDRESS:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0

rtsp://IPADDRESS:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1

Thanks-

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
What happens when you have low bandwidth profile enabled? It's a slider on the menu you get by tapping the 3 bar icon on the upper left of the main camera splitscreen display wall

rracctv

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Channel one works.... It was an error on my part.

Does anyone know if the channel one substream works properly on IP Cam Viewer Basic? It seems like it is producing a high quality image but it is hard to tell since it doesn't show what the actual resolution is. In the camera setup I am using my Rtsp port on channel 1 on my internal LAN.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Toggle the slider I mentioned. Then view the cam fullscreen. You'll notice a big difference if it's working.

rracctv

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Kawboy - Yes, I see that setting on tiny cam and it does work. However, when using ip Cam Viewer Basic is where I think it is still broadcasting the main stream. Maybe the pro version shows the actual resolution?

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
This is a screenshot showing the info overlay from the pro version. Ignore the upper icons (time, temp, etc). They're from my phone screen when I snapshotted it. So no, it doesn't display 1920x1080 or whatever and I looked quickly to see if there was an option to do it and didn't see it. You can easily tell main from substream by looking at the KB/s but not the pixel counts. @alexvas might be able to add some useful hints.Screenshot_2016-12-09-09-56-19.png

alexvas

tinyCam Developer
Reaction score
In tinyCam Monitor (both FREE and PRO):
"Low-bandwidth profile" Off - main stream.
"Low-bandwidth profile" On - sub stream.

To check resolution open Camera Settings in the app and press "Camera status". You should see the resolution which is coming.

P.S. For better frame rate use HW or HW+ decoder. Go to App Settings - Video and change H.264/H.265 decoder.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Sadly HW and HW+ don't work on my S4 even though I am on Android 5.0.1.

rracctv

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I like the way TinyCam displays that information for you, even in the free version. I don't see that info (resolution/fps/kbs) in IP Cam Viewer Basic. Not sure if you can see that info in the paid version.