Run as Windows Service password error

Sachi

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I am very new to security cameras and blue iris. I am running version 5 and trying to get it all setup on W10 but keep getting error 1326 or 1327 when checking the Run as windows service.
I don't have a password set on the local_console account so tried adding one but that didn't work either. Leaving it blank doesn't work and unchecking the "always run as windows admin" has same error. I'm sure its just a noob error on my part but would appreciate some guidance here.
Thanks

26-06-2022 3-16-21 PM.png26-06-2022 3-16-39 PM.png

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This if from the BI help pages:
Enable the service on the Startup page in Settings. You will be prompted for a "Windows
login user and password"—by default the current user. This account must have
administrator rights. The software will check the password for accuracy and then add the
necessary system privileges to the account. If you have not previously set a password for
your Windows login, you may do that in the control panel:

By default Windows does not allow services to run on accounts without passwords (blank
passwords). You may override this with a registry setting

Although discouraged, you may instead force the software to use the LocalSystem account for
the service by specifying a blank user name and password.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This has been discussed here before. Search is your friend:

What version Windows do you have? I am pretty sure you set up your computer initially with a user and password and then turned it off...

Click the Windows windows key Start menu.

• Type Control Panel in the search box, then select Control Panel in the search results.

• In Control Panel, open User Accounts.

• Click on Manage User Accounts.

• All user accounts will be listed on the page. Each account is part of a group (Administrator, Standard, etc).

Or try this way:

Determining your Windows Username | Technical Support Services

See these threads as well...

Local Console Login?
Installed latest update and received Locale Console Login???? Not sure what that is... can't get in now.

run as a windows srvc / service login Problem

Blue Iris/Windows service problem

Wpndows 7 ult. i am trying to enable windows service for Blur Iris. getting windows login box.touble ii have noo password for windows. Help please,at wits end

Upgraded to 5.2.6.5 now prompting for user/pw?
When attempting to open the admin program after upgrade, I am being prompted for Blur Iris User and password. I don’t ever remember seeing this before and have no idea what either were. Thoughts on how to reset or fix this somehow? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sachi

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You need to enter the account name and password of the account you used to install BI. If the user doesn’t have a password then you’ll need to set one.
Thanks, you nailed the issue, I don't have a windows account password set. Is it possible to have computer automatically restart & login after power failure with a windows password set?
I'm running W10.

Sachi

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Although discouraged, you may instead force the software to use the LocalSystem account for
the service by specifying a blank user name and password.
Thanks Broachoski, I specified a blank user name & password to use the LocalSystem account and that worked fine. Blue Iris is now running as a service on restart but the application or GUI is not active on the screen and i still have to start the program manually. Sorry, I just assumed that run as a service would start the program? Do I need to add blue iris to the start up apps?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Running as a service means it runs the program in the background and does not open up the console.

You can confirm that by seeing BI running in Task Manager.

No real reason to have the console open if you are not using it. Adds to the CPU usage.

Sachi

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This has been discussed here before. Search is your friend:

What version Windows do you have? I am pretty sure you set up your computer initially with a user and password and then turned it off...
Thanks for the links wittaj, I will work through them to get a better idea of what I am doing. I'm using W10 Pro on standalone machine and initially setup account without a password. I am trying to get windows to restart and blue iris to also restart after a power outage. I have enables AC mode in bios and BI is running in Task Manager.

Thanks for explaining it is running just with out the console active. Seems Im making progress.

jmhmcse

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks, you nailed the issue, I don't have a windows account password set. Is it possible to have computer automatically restart & login after power failure with a windows password set?
I'm running W10.
yes.

easiest way to implement is use a Microsoft SysInternals utility named Autologon.

the harder way, add/modify registry entries yourself.