SADP and Gray Market

Ugc

n3wb
Reaction score
I started an upgrade to my system a few nights ago and one of the things I was doing was upgrading my firmware and software. I have a combination of US and gray market cameras.

I noticed that I had an older version of SADP so I upgraded it. Suddenly all my Chinese cameras disappeared. I checked the install log and found an entry that something to the effect “filters installed successfully “

My thought was the new software was blocking the gray market cameras. I uninstalled the new SADP and reinstalled an older version. My cameras were again on line.

Maybe this has been that way for a long time and I am late to the game as I don’t really follow developments that closely.

If not, this may be a new way H USA will be using to block the gray market. It seems like a pretty easy way to block especially if you don’t have the older software.

Anybody else?

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Save that old version! You might be able to help others with it someday. If they've added this check to SADP I'd expect it to also make its way into the NVRs. It could have the unintended side effect of driving people from NVRs to BI.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I noticed that I had an older version of SADP so I upgraded it. Suddenly all my Chinese cameras disappeared. I checked the install log and found an entry that something to the effect “filters installed successfully “
Interesting!
And it does sound plausible, knowing what Hikvision get up to in the firmware to break or block 'grey market' devices.
What version numbers are the new and old SADP?
I wonder if the same has been done to the Batch Configuration Tool?

vette-kid

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ill report back what I find later when I try mine. I'm running an NVR and if they have done as you said, then I suspect when I run the NVR to my computer as other have suggested I may not be able to see my hacked cameras at all (which would be sad because they will be useless at that point).

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Interestingly - this version of the Batch Configuration Tool won't 'add' the DS-2CD2132-I
Another Hikvision dirty trick it seems.
*edit* But maybe not - it was OK after I changed the IP address to a LAN value.

Attachments