SADP doesnt find all cameras please help - can ping but doesnt find

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi guys. I've had all my admin passwords changed through prob the backdoor vulnerability.

SADP I just downloaded only finds 2 out of 4 cameras.
Can you please help me figure it out, and make suggestions.

I downloaded the most recent version of SADP from the hik USA site. It finds two cameras but not the

-cube running 5.2.5 lounge cam 2 cube 2432F and not the
-cube running 5.2.5 cube 2432F

Both are Chinese cams CCH.

SADP sees a dome 2142F dome on 5.3.3 which I've sent the XML file to Hikvision, and it sees
2132F dome running 5.2.5 which I have recovered the password.
Mission in itself as I wasn't quite sure whether to include the Model number at the start , or the - or what.
In the end I tried everything combo , it all came failed, but as an off chance I tried 12345 at the cam and it worked - and so one combo must have worked.

BACK TO MY PROBLEM.

I cant see the 5.2.5 cubes - can ping them from a laptop on wifi , on the local network but SADP doesn't pick them up.

Any suggestions trying to recover my Admin users - guess I can reset as I have physical access - but be nice to reset without having to reload the configs - cheers ?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I downloaded the most recent version of SADP from the hik USA site
If that's the 3.0.100 SADP version - there was a post that it no longer showed 'grey market' cameras, though not widely confirmed.
Try installing the 3.0.10 SADP version from here : Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd.

SADP sees a dome 2142F dome on 5.3.3 which I've sent the XML file to Hikvision
And with firmware older than 5.4.41 you can use the @bp2008 backdoor-driven password reset tool from here : Hikvision camera admin password reset tool

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What happens when you point the browser at them?
Hi Alastair browser connectivity is fine, ,I can still log in as a operator and user as I enabled those.
Its just the SADP - cameras showing up.

Thanks for the point to the other SADP. Much appreciated.

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If that's the 3.0.100 SADP version - there was a post that it no longer showed 'grey market' cameras, though not widely confirmed.
Try installing the 3.0.10 SADP version from here : Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd.

And with firmware older than 5.4.41 you can use the @bp2008 backdoor-driven password reset tool from here : Hikvision camera admin password reset tool
SADP version 3 0 0 10 is the one that is not finding the cubes CCH Chinese Cams '

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hmm.. oh well, scratch that theory.
Did you see a message about 'enabling filters'?
No saw no message for enabling filters.

In fact with trying to reset the admin I used

SADP 3.0.0.10 3.0.0.100 2.2.x.x and one other.

Sorting these cameras out was an all day fricken job... trying this trying that....

Working out the Ip address filter is useless. Who critiques these features to develop with no subnet wildcard at Hikvision.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
SADP version 3 0 0 10 is the one that is not finding the cubes CCH Chinese Cams '
Another very good tool, highly recommended, is the 'Batch Configuration Tool'.
It too can find cameras on different subnets (on the same wiring) and modify the network settings to match what you need.
Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd.
And you can enable SSH with it, if the camera is running the SSH server. Saves messing with the Windows SDK.

Maybe it will find your 'Grey market cameras'.
Worth a try, in my view.

upload_2018-3-3_20-2-13.png

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Another very good tool, highly recommended, is the 'Batch Configuration Tool'.
It too can find cameras on different subnets (on the same wiring) and modify the network settings to match what you need.
Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd.
And you can enable SSH with it, if the camera is running the SSH server. Saves messing with the Windows SDK.

Maybe it will find your 'Grey market cameras'.
Worth a try, in my view.

View attachment 27175
thanks alot will try this and report back.