SADP unusable

barrowman

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the problem that the whole settings menu is greyed out. I can't enter anything including the admin password.
I am running it under windows 10.
I tried running it as administrator but nothing changes.
One suggestion was that winpcap needed to be installed. This is no longer being developed but npcap was to be used..
I installed it in winpcap mode. This then allowed me to to change the gateway address as we had changed to a new isp.
When I tried it again it had reverted to the old gateway address and everything was greyed out.
Why oh why cant there be a Linux version?

StewartM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I believe SADP comes with it's own implementation of WinPcap. Perhaps a clash with other low-level network access/packet capture software that uses the NPF driver.
Try uninstall SADP and npcap. Reboot the PC and then re-install SADP.
You shouldn't need to run SADP as administrator however, Windows UAC will often get in the way.
Post a screen capture of what you see in SADP (don't reveal the serial number) - I'm curious to see which ports are listed.
1581456370424.png

barrowman

n3wb
Reaction score
Apart from the device type and the Gateway address everything is the same as what you have put.
I know it's not advisable but I wrote down the admin password as I am very new to using ip cameras.
It doesn't accept the password when I try to access from my browser so I am still stuck

StewartM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How was the device initially activated? Did you use SADP or via the webGUI? What is the device?

barrowman

n3wb
Reaction score
I have been told that there is a reset button inside the case. But i don't see any way to open the case without trying to prise it open with a screwdriver or something like it and that would almost certainly damage the case.
Decided in the end to prise the case open. It did do slight damage but when it's in place it will be fine.
Reset it and now I can control it. In WIndows I can access via web but in Linux with either Chrome or Firefox I get no view of what it is seeing. In Chrome I get the control panel but in Firefox I don't.
Any idea why? Does it need some plugin?

Last edited:

ipOsX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For me, SADP tool is just flaky. Three times in a row when I launch, it's greyed out - then on the 4th attempt, it works and loads up my cams.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
For me, SADP tool is just flaky. Three times in a row when I launch, it's greyed out - then on the 4th attempt, it works and loads up my cams.
If you're running it under a Windows VM - make sure the network interface is set to bridged as opposed to NAT.
It's broadcast-oriented.

ipOsX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hikvision UK tech support just told me that SADP Tool won't work properly if iVMS-4200 is open and displaying all online devices - on a Mac at least. They wrote:

"you can't have the IVMS 4200 open and the SADP trying to find device on the network.
This will cause the initialization to fail of the program not showing the device from the online device."

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Hikvision UK tech support just told me that SADP Tool won't work properly if iVMS-4200 is open and displaying all online devices - on a Mac at least. They wrote:
Well that's a bit weird. I wonder what the mechanism is?
But they are supposed to know what they are talking about, and I suppose it's easily enough proven.

ipOsX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Seems to be the case for me. If I open SADP when iVMS isn't running, it works. If I then open iVMS with SADP running, it works but it doesn't display the list of my online devices. If I open SADP while iVMS is running and displaying online devices then it usually tells me that "initialisation failed" - but sometimes it will open and 'hijack' my list of online devices, ie they disappear from iVMS. (This is all on a Mac where almost nothing works of course.)

StewartM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I tried on my PC, loading SADP first then iVMS - iVMS then SADP, both devices detected with no errors regardless of the load order. Must be a bug in Hik's Mac version of their software.
Interesting though, when SADP was running iVMS would not auto-login, it wanted me to manually enter the credentials.
1581622832950.png

ttplayer4life

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I wanted to use the "Forgot Password" feature of the updated Hikvision SADP tool.

So I deleted my old SADP tool, ver. 1.2.0.5 Build 20140211? Installed SADP 3.0.1.4.win32 but I get the below screen where it shows all my cameras but everything is inactive-- I cannot select anything. I found this thread about ivms4200 may conflict. So I turned off my ivms-4200 PCNVR, v1.03.06.02 BUT STILL SADP is inactive.SADPinactive.JPG
tried uninstalling, reinstalling with new WINPCAP 4.1.3 but with same results.

My old SADP worked fine with my ivsm4200.

Appreciate if anyone can advise what I can do next??

ttplayer4life

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
btw, this was on pc originally with Windows 7 pro but upgraded to Windows 10 pro.

SADP was installed with compatibility set to Windows 7. Did not work either without compatibility set as well.

ttplayer4life

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
With apologies for the slightly dumb question -
You did tick the square box at the far left to select the wanted device?
Just clicking the row isn't sufficient.
obviously not a stupid question as it make me feel very stupid. Yes, must click (or check) one of the camera boxes. Feeling very dumb. btw, I did not need to disable my ivms4200 PCNVR for it to work.

Thank you Mr. Stevenson for your prompt and revealing response.