Same model name but different series/generation for Dahua Cameras ?

flolavie

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello there,
First of all I hope you're all having a good day.

I was asking different suppliers for quotations for my video surveillance system that I wish to install in one of my warehouses in France and while talking to the first one giving him a list of my needs to get recommandations on type of cameras and references I should choose he mentioned all the cameras he listed in his quotation that he established with me are from the latest "serie" as he said in French, meaning generation if I translate it correctly. He said everything was 5th series/generation.

When asking another supplier to send me a quotation for the list of exact references, some references were different but almost all were the same as asked, but most of them with more precision in the model name.
When getting back to first supplier because the second one was way cheaper (like 35% off on almost every model), the first supplier asked me to see the reference list of the second one to check and said that they weren't the same "5th serie" (or generation) he told me the ones he listed were.

As you can see below, the first supplier didn't give me the exact model name of the cameras so it's kind of hard to me to just check that way, but form the research I've done :
- DH-SDT6C425-4P-GB-APV and DH-SDT6C425-4P-GB-APV-0280 seem to be the exact same camera and I can't find any other similar model name with such thing as a different serie / generation with the same model name. The only difference are the "-0280" at the end but by looking at Dahua's "Name Rule V.20220615" sheet that I found on their website, it's just the Focal Length precision that is 2.8mm for this camera lens and I can't find any other datasheet different than the "DH-SDT6C425-4P-GB-APV-0280" on Dahua's website.
I followed the same logic and search for two other more references (in blue).

Here's a comparaison table between the two supplier's references, with in red the references that were really different.
First SupplierSecond supplier
DH-SDT6C425-4P-GB-APVDH-SDT6C425-4P-GB-APV-0280
IPC-HFW5541TP-ASEIPC-HFW5449TP-ASE-LED-0280B-S2
IPC-HFW3549T1P-AS-PVIPC-HFW3549T1P-AS-PV-0280B-S4
IPC-HDW3549HP-ASIPC-HFW3549T1P-AS-PV-0280B
SD49425GB-HNRSD49425GB-HNR
SD4A425DB-HNYSD4A425DB-HNY
IPC-HDBW2841RP-ZSIPC-HDBW2841RP-ZS-27135
IPC-HFW2841TP-ZSIPC-HFW2841TP-ZS-27135
IPC-HFW3849T1P-AS-PVIPC-HFW3849T1P-AS-PV-0280B-S4
IPC-HDW3849HP-AS-PVIPC-HDW3849HP-AS-PV-0280B-S4

Another thing that I saw is the mention "S4" or "S2" at the end of the model name from the second supplier, but when looking for these same model name with different S like "S5" or "S3" I can't find anything matching that name.
I saw in Dahua's "Name Rule V.20220615" sheet that this information is the "Generation" number, and I kinda feel like it's what my first supplier was telling me about but it feels strange to me that I can't find these cameras with "-S5" as he mentioned his were serie 5 cameras.
I also found that "Series" number is used for the "Platform", WizSense / WizMind etc... but in that case the numbers are the same in both references, so... it all sound to me like a weak explanation for the high difference in price trying to take advantage of my lack of knowledge of Dahua's models and prices.

Here are the two pages of the Dahua's "Name Rule V.20220615" sheet I used the most for these researches :

1713168151709.png
1713168176126.png

So here is my final question :

➡
Is there such thing as 5th serie/generation on all these cameras or most of them at least that could explain a 40% price difference between these suppliers?

If so why is it so difficult to find informations about that online or am I blind and I am the one who can't find it?

Thank you in advance for your help.

MC1987

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
There are different chipset variations, your suppliers should be able to tell you the generation. There is no S5 for TiOC, S4 is the current. The S4 has the new white background web server, thats the easiest way to tell. All other TiOC models use HX5XXX-VOLT chipset and have the older grey background web server.

flolavie

n3wb
Reaction score
There are different chipset variations, your suppliers should be able to tell you the generation. There is no S5 for TiOC, S4 is the current. The S4 has the new white background web server, thats the easiest way to tell. All other TiOC models use HX5XXX-VOLT chipset and have the older grey background web server.
Thank you a lot for your answer, I've done some more researches using informations you gave and now I understand this better.

Also while talking with both suppliers, I've learnt that the first one was talking about Series as Series (not generation as I was thinking), and was the one the gave us a list with Series 2, 3 and 5 cameras (talking about the platform WizSense / WizMind) and really wasn't professional at all in the advices he gave us, tried to sell more expensive cameras that weren't needed, and totally lied to us about that and other things.

MC1987

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thank you a lot for your answer, I've done some more researches using informations you gave and now I understand this better.

Also while talking with both suppliers, I've learnt that the first one was talking about Series as Series (not generation as I was thinking), and was the one the gave us a list with Series 2, 3 and 5 cameras (talking about the platform WizSense / WizMind) and really wasn't professional at all in the advices he gave us, tried to sell more expensive cameras that weren't needed, and totally lied to us about that and other things.
Most people dont need 5 series cameras in my experience.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
If you're using Blue Iris, none of this matters. The differences between old and newer chipsets are very minor in terms of overall performance (just a tad better in low light). Every camera in your install needs some tweaking one way or the other and placement matters.