Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 10.4

Teeling611

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I just picked up this used tablet and was going to use it as a monitor for BI. It has a USB-c connection for charging. I didn’t get a charger with it but I was able to charge it with my computers USB port And the appropriate cable. It took a very long time. My question is can I use the usb-c port and connect it to a hdmi adaptor and get BI video from my computer. Also will it charge the tablet at the same time. I see they sell usb-c to hdmi but couldn’t tell if it would do what I wanted. I understand it can be done via wifi but I don’t want to do that Way. Any suggestions would be appreciate. Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just picked up this used tablet and was going to use it as a monitor for BI. It has a USB-c connection for charging. I didn’t get a charger with it but I was able to charge it with my computers USB port And the appropriate cable. It took a very long time. My question is can I use the usb-c port and connect it to a hdmi adaptor and get BI video from my computer. Also will it charge the tablet at the same time. I see they sell usb-c to hdmi but couldn’t tell if it would do what I wanted. I understand it can be done via wifi but I don’t want to do that Way. Any suggestions would be appreciate. Thanks
No you cannot use the tablet as a wired external monitor. Some galaxy tabs can be used as wireless secondary displays (i dont think this one allows for it) but that that point you might as well use ui3 and stream wirelessly.
It took a long time to charge because your pc's usb connection is putting out much less power than an external adapter. Some tablets take a long time to charge even with a proper adapter but via usb it will be crazy long. You can use the cable you have with any cell phone charger and it will be way faster than usb.
You simply purchased the wrong item. You want an external display. There are plenty of cheap monitors around and if you want small size, there are many cheap small external displays available.

Teeling611

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No you cannot use the tablet as a wired external monitor. Some galaxy tabs can be used as wireless secondary displays (i dont think this one allows for it) but that that point you might as well use ui3 and stream wirelessly.
It took a long time to charge because your pc's usb connection is putting out much less power than an external adapter. Some tablets take a long time to charge even with a proper adapter but via usb it will be crazy long. You can use the cable you have with any cell phone charger and it will be way faster than usb.
You simply purchased the wrong item. You want an external display. There are plenty of cheap monitors around and if you want small size, there are many cheap small external displays available.
Thanks only paid $15.00 for it at Habitat for Humanity so no big loss there. Works great and looks almost brand new. Checked it out with my one and only camera and I was able to connect no problem so a small win there. I’ll check the charging with my phone charger.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks only paid $15.00 for it at Habitat for Humanity so no big loss there. Works great and looks almost brand new. Checked it out with my one and only camera and I was able to connect no problem so a small win there. I’ll check the charging with my phone charger.
a quick google search indicates that it supports 15w charging. If this is correct then you will benefit from a 15w charger - higher is fine but it wont charge any faster. Lower is fine but it will take longer to charge.

Last edited: