Sannce i41cc sPoE (12v), no NVR... why does it not show up on the network?

MyGive

n3wb
Reaction score
When I am trying to get any new device working and have no idea what the IP settings of the device is, I use both Wireshark and tftpd64 from Tftpd32: an opensource free firewall friendly dhcp, syslog sntp and tftp server/service for windows, tftp client Connect the camera or whatever, while it is powered off, directly to your laptop network port. Run wireshark and make a filter to not capture any of your network cards traffic so you will only see traffic from the camera. Run tftpd64 and turn on the DHCP server in that and watch the log. Power on the camera and wireguard will capture anything that the camera spits out, if you are lucky and it is looking for a DHCP address, the tftpd log will also show that. You will probably be surprised how much traffic a camera generates when it boots up and what it is looking for.
Thanks, I had forgotten about wireshark.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You probably need to use Explorer. Not Edge with the IE tab or Chrome or some IE compatibility mode. Plain ole IE.

There are ways to get Explorer again.

The simple way is to change the BHO folder to another name...and this thread also shows other ways...

Looks Like Internet Explorer Died Today

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Tried browsers on Win10 and linux : ie, opera and palemoon but no luck.
Is this an ActiveX plugin problem..? and it's no longer supported..?
The Active-X plug-in is downloaded from the cam.
Before you get into @wittaj technique to bring out IE, was the Palemoon browser 32 bit (x86), not 64 ?

MyGive

n3wb
Reaction score
The Active-X plug-in is downloaded from the cam.
Before you get into @wittaj technique to bring out IE, was the Palemoon browser 32 bit (x86), not 64 ?
Tried palemoon 32bit and 64bit but no go... This was on a Windows 10 system 64 bit x64 based processor with all current updates.

Attachments

MyGive

n3wb
Reaction score
You probably need to use Explorer. Not Edge with the IE tab or Chrome or some IE compatibility mode. Plain ole IE.

There are ways to get Explorer again.

The simple way is to change the BHO folder to another name...and this thread also shows other ways...

Looks Like Internet Explorer Died Today
Just the the first suggestion in using the edge explorer top three dots and then choosing "reload in internet explorer" and it works

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Tried palemoon 32bit and 64bit but no go... This was on a Windows 10 system 64 bit x64 based processor with all current updates.
The plug-in is made for 32 bit IE (it's not the 64 bit Windows or 64 bit CPU that matters) but since it did not work for you, it's a moot point.
Glad you got it going, though and letting us know what did work.:cool:

MyGive

n3wb
Reaction score
It's only because of the help received on this forum do I now have access to and can configure and live view this sPoE ip camera from a windows 10 laptop.

Next question... Not having a NVR, how to view a ip camera inside my home on my hdmi inputs 1080p (no app's installable) TV?

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Next question... Not having a NVR, how to view a ip camera inside my home on my hdmi inputs 1080p (no app's installable) TV?
You could try putting an Amazon Firestick (Android) for $25 into the TV's HDMI port and install the $4 app Tinycam Pro for Android onto it.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.