Sata power cable for NVR - what connector is this?

nosnim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you this is what I found as well through Google. I can't believe they didn't include these cables with the NVRs. It's super inconvenient and they picked some proprietary very hard to find cable to not include along with that as well.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

nosnim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@nosnim Please check if this one, what is your model NVR model No.?
View attachment 37343
That looks like it Andy! What is that white connector end called specifically? It is definately not FDD or Mini-Molex. And where can you find it? Still don't understand why Dahua did not include these with the NVRs, makes no logical sense.

My 5 NVRs are all Dahua NVR2108HS-8P-S2.

nosnim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Davidgm

n3wb
Reaction score
Your welcome. I saved some of the results that I found when I was searching for them. Hate to say how many hours I spent searching for those. I ended up going with the pigtails that I first posted since I had some of the SATA ends that I could splice onto the pigtails. Still hard to believe that Dahua & B&H photo could not even give me a part # or even a good description to search for. I measured the pin spacing to get the key 3.96mm term to search for.

nosnim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Your welcome. I saved some of the results that I found when I was searching for them. Hate to say how many hours I spent searching for those. I ended up going with the pigtails that I first posted since I had some of the SATA ends that I could splice onto the pigtails. Still hard to believe that Dahua & B&H photo could not even give me a part # or even a good description to search for. I measured the pin spacing to get the key 3.96mm term to search for.
Yep was close to ordering the 3.96mm ends you first suggested plus the SATA ends, along with a pair of crimpers, but luckily I waited a bit and caught your last post. Very grateful for your help. Thanks again much!

Yep super disappointed in Dahua for this as well. And not much info anywhere else for folks in the same boat as us early in our search.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
That looks like it Andy! What is that white connector end called specifically? It is definately not FDD or Mini-Molex. And where can you find it? Still don't understand why Dahua did not include these with the NVRs, makes no logical sense.

My 5 NVRs are all Dahua NVR2108HS-8P-S2.
Oh, i see,I think they should come with the NVR, maybe dahua workers missed putting in. You can ask your supplier to send some to you.

nosnim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Received the cables from Aliexpress yesterday. Installed and the NVRs are good to go. Thanks again for your help sir!

Davidgm

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm glad they worked for you! You never know when you're ordering stuff online what you're going to end up with. It's still amazing that Dahua did not include those in our DVRs.

CmdrBond

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
[EDIT - I missed the second page and that you'd already found something, sorry]

I found this.
15p F SATA Power Cable to HikVision DVR 4p F 3.96 Connector (Type 1): Best Price in Malaysia

I believe Hik use the same style, BUT it looks like there are 2 different ways of wiring it.

IF it is as simple as the old floppy power connector, build your own, either by buying the connectors or cutting them off of old PSU's and joining together.

And IF it is a floppy style connector, I've also found this...
Delock 85510 0.3m Internal Power Cable 85510 (Amazon.co.uk)

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@nosnim , @CmdrBond and others, just a note of caution, although from the sound of nosnim's last post, it sounds like he got the correct ones.

Make sure you determine the wiring / polarity of the connector you receive and what is provided by the motherboard, as this image below was on the link provided by CmdrBond here....2 options regarding 5 volt and 12 volt shown! A possible "YIKES" ! :facepalm:

15p-f-sata-power-cable-to-hikvision-dvr-4p-f-3-96-connector-type-1-cableking-1805-17-CableKing@4.jpg

nosnim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The ones I recieved match the "Type 1" version which seems to work fine so far and matches the picture Andy posted on the first page.