Save 1 Cam Feed Directly onto Google Drive

Neil Sidhu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello, looking for some guidance, I want to have my front cam saving the 24/7 feed directly onto a cloud drive. Perhaps use O drive and map it to my Google drive. Then in BI point the storage location to that O drive. Is this possible? And if so, what would be the best video clip length to keep it at? 1min? Just want to be able to review the footage if the desktop gets stolen. Also what kinda of upload s

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Set up a remote NAS in a secure location in your house and record the cameras to it in real time. In BI set up a storage location and define clone clone cameras to record to it.

Real time cloud recording is very unreliable. For a lot internet providers there is a traffic bandwidth usage limit and the outbound limit is very low.

Neil Sidhu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks.. I was thinking something like nest. How it is a constant upload to cloud for a 5 day period. Trying to eliminate a local back up drive.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
A cloud solution for a decent camera can use LOTS of bandwidth, be subject to the reliability of your ISP and the cloud provider, not to mention recurring cloud subscription expense....too many negatives and too many links in the chain IMO.

I'd look closer at @SouthernYankee 's suggestion.

Last edited: