Saving an event from multiple cams...

MacFun

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Using BI, do we have the ability to gang-select clips for download? I saw a recent tutorial video where it was quite a few steps (disabling cameras and such, I'm sure that was not necessary) to download a clip and where the clip range was only usable for that one clip. So, I would hope that you would have an option as follows.
a) establish in and out points for a primary clip.
b) select additional cameras whose media should be downloaded if available.
c) export media, where a clip is exported for each camera and where they start at the same time.
d) enjoy your media!

Is this how it works?

R

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Using BI, do we have the ability to gang-select clips for download? I saw a recent tutorial video where it was quite a few steps (disabling cameras and such, I'm sure that was not necessary) to download a clip and where the clip range was only usable for that one clip. So, I would hope that you would have an option as follows.
a) establish in and out points for a primary clip.
b) select additional cameras whose media should be downloaded if available.
c) export media, where a clip is exported for each camera and where they start at the same time.
d) enjoy your media!

Is this how it works?

R
No that is not possible...you can select multiple clips at once for export but you cannot select a single timeframe and apply it to all clips...

Reaction score
Only thing I could think was there was a discussion about having a BI/NVR feed who as a video stream on another BI instance or NVR. But I assume you would have had to record it this way and you might lose detail. Seems Handbrake cannot Tile/Merge multiple video streams, maybe some proprietary software out there can do it.

Google lead me to mpv.io which seems like it could do three streams, but I've not ever downloaded or used it.