Saving parts of clips in UI3 web interface?

mcx

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
OK, I downloaded the latest and did a re-install; it noticed some old bits and brought me back to current as far as I can tell.

Still have the problem. When I go to export as AVI (using Chrome browser, works same in other browsers), it initially offers to do a short clip of a few seconds (<20secs). If I click on the arrows it might change to zero seconds:

View attachment 30657

and clicking a few more times might make it have a negative size:

View attachment 30658

OK, it's probably something silly I'm doing. What am I doing wrong?
That is because you have some early version in use. Are you sure you downloaded the latest version or is it extracted to right location? I suggest that you delete all folders and files from Program Files/Blue Iris 4/www and extract the latest ui3-34.zip in that www folder.

https://github.com/bp2008/ui3/releases/download/34/UI3-34.zip

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
What version of BI are you running? I'm on 4.7.6.2 and will update to, I believe, 4.7.6.4 today...4.7.6.3 was a little "buggy". In any even, using Opera this is what I see when I export part of a clip and it works fine. As I drag the start and stop buttons the video also scrolls which is great!

export.JPG

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Right, thanks! Using the .34 components linked above fixed the problem. Thanks guys!

tom95521

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread but my question is about ui3 AVI export. I have a ceiling mounted camera that had the video rotated 180 deg. by BI video rotation, not within the camera. The video displays correctly in ui3 live view and clips, but when I tried exporting in ui3 the video was upside down. This is direct to disc, bvr format BI format video. I have since fixed the problem by rotating the video in camera settings (instead of within BI).

My question is could ui3 rotate the video properly during AVI export? Just curious. I assume the video was stored inverted due to direct to disc/bvr format, but rotated before being displayed in BI or the web browser.

ui3 v59 bi 4.8.2.3

Thanks,
Tom

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread but my question is about ui3 AVI export. I have a ceiling mounted camera that had the video rotated 180 deg. by BI video rotation, not within the camera. The video displays correctly in ui3 live view and clips, but when I tried exporting in ui3 the video was upside down. This is direct to disc, bvr format BI format video. I have since fixed the problem by rotating the video in camera settings (instead of within BI).

My question is could ui3 rotate the video properly during AVI export? Just curious. I assume the video was stored inverted due to direct to disc/bvr format, but rotated before being displayed in BI or the web browser.

ui3 v59 bi 4.8.2.3

Thanks,
Tom
In the console, it will export rotated correctly if you choose reencode...in UI3, when i tested avi export, it automatically used the "slow transcode" method which exported correctly. I dont know what happens if it uses the other method. @bp2008 can answer that.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Fenderman is right, you need to export via Blue Iris's local console and choose re-encode.

UI3's AVI export automatically chooses not to re-encode, whenever possible (if the source is H.264 and BVR) -- that export method is called "Native". The "Slow transcode" method is used when the clip is not H.264 or not BVR, and what that does is it just streams the requested section of video in realtime and exports that. This takes as much time to export as the length of the exported section, and the quality is reduced to whatever you have configured for "Streaming 0" within Blue Iris, but the stream will appear exactly as it would if viewing the clip directly in UI3, so any overlays or rotation you have Blue Iris doing would be preserved. UI3 does not offer the option to choose which export method you get. Again, it automatically uses the "Native" method when available and that method does not transcode.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Fenderman is right, you need to export via Blue Iris's local console and choose re-encode.

UI3's AVI export automatically chooses not to re-encode, whenever possible (if the source is H.264 and BVR) -- that export method is called "Native". The "Slow transcode" method is used when the clip is not H.264 or not BVR, and what that does is it just streams the requested section of video in realtime and exports that. This takes as much time to export as the length of the exported section, and the quality is reduced to whatever you have configured for "Streaming 0" within Blue Iris, but the stream will appear exactly as it would if viewing the clip directly in UI3, so any overlays or rotation you have Blue Iris doing would be preserved. UI3 does not offer the option to choose which export method you get. Again, it automatically uses the "Native" method when available and that method does not transcode.
Thanks. That explains it, the clip i tested with was 265.