Saving Video Files to USB

teammoose

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello. I have Blue Iris version 3 and I cannot figure out how to save clips to a USB flash drive. There was some trouble in front of my house the other night and a lawyer has asked to see the video. If someone could please explain how to get him a watchable video file, we both would appreciate it so much.

Thanks everyone,
James

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello. I have Blue Iris version 3 and I cannot figure out how to save clips to a USB flash drive. There was some trouble in front of my house the other night and a lawyer has asked to see the video. If someone could please explain how to get him a watchable video file, we both would appreciate it so much.

Thanks everyone,
James
right click on the video, export to avi or mp4

teammoose

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok. I must be missing something obvious. The clips I want show up on the remote view, but not in that section of clips. Is there a way to show every clip?

For example, I'm looking for something on the 18th. The remote view shows 100 clips that were recorded on the 18th, but the clip view on the right only shows 3. It is pointed at the road, so it's recording every car that drives by.

Am I doing something wrong?

James

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok. I must be missing something obvious. The clips I want show up on the remote view, but not in that section of clips. Is there a way to show every clip?

For example, I'm looking for something on the 18th. The remote view shows 100 clips that were recorded on the 18th, but the clip view on the right only shows 3. It is pointed at the road, so it's recording every car that drives by.

Am I doing something wrong?

James
You might be looking at alerts vs clips...its the same recorded video, the alerts simply point to the clip...you can select which you wish to view on the top.

teammoose

n3wb
Reaction score
That was correct. Thank you for that.

I am now looking for a converter to play the .blv clip for the lawyer. It won't let me export anything in a usable format for some reason.

I'll figure it out.

Thanks for the help.
James

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
That was correct. Thank you for that.

I am now looking for a converter to play the .blv clip for the lawyer. It won't let me export anything in a usable format for some reason.

I'll figure it out.

Thanks for the help.
James
There is no converter. You need to properly export it. What do you mean it wont let you export it?

teammoose

n3wb
Reaction score
When I right click it, it just let's me move it. There is no option to export. Is the export a feature on BI4, not 3 maybe?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
When I right click it, it just let's me move it. There is no option to export. Is the export a feature on BI4, not 3 maybe?
BI3 could export the file just fine. Try playing it and right clicking on the playback video.

teammoose

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok. That did it. I have the file I need!

Thank you so much for the help, I never would have figured that out.

Thanks!
James

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok. That did it. I have the file I need!

Thank you so much for the help, I never would have figured that out.

Thanks!
James
No problem. Also consider moving to BI4, exporting is much easier. You can easily choose the portion of video your wish to export using the new timeline.