Schedule/Profile Icon set to "overridden"

jpc-s4

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have my BI set up to change the profile based on presence; I only use two profile states, "Active" (1) and "Away" (5), with the change being triggered in BI by an external program. My scheduling is disabled for each camera, as is the global (general?) schedule.

In the GUI, the Schedule/Profile icon is set to the yellow "pause" icon, which, according to documentation, means that the active profile is being overridden in some way. Is this due to my external trigger, or the fact that I am not using the scheduling? It doesn't appear to cause any issues, but I can't figure out why I click it to turn it to the green "play" icon, it keeps getting reset to the yellow "pause".

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have my BI set up to change the profile based on presence; I only use two profile states, "Active" (1) and "Away" (5), with the change being triggered in BI by an external program. My scheduling is disabled for each camera, as is the global (general?) schedule.

In the GUI, the Schedule/Profile icon is set to the yellow "pause" icon, which, according to documentation, means that the active profile is being overridden in some way. Is this due to my external trigger, or the fact that I am not using the scheduling? It doesn't appear to cause any issues, but I can't figure out why I click it to turn it to the green "play" icon, it keeps getting reset to the yellow "pause".
There are 3 states to the icon you are referring to. Run (green), pause/temp(yellow) and hold (red). Essentially, whatever command you are using to change your profiles is sending a pause temp override which will be subject to the profile temp time limit set in the blue iris options > profiles tab which by default is 480 minuets.

jpc-s4

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
There are 3 states to the icon you are referring to. Run (green), pause/temp(yellow) and hold (red). Essentially, whatever command you are using to change your profiles is sending a pause temp override which will be subject to the profile temp time limit set in the blue iris options > profiles tab which by default is 480 minuets.
OK. I also see that setting the temp time to "0" will place it in a "hold" state; this means that it will stay where I set it from the external source, without any time out, correct? Otherwise it will default back to profile 1 after the 480 minutes (assuming default temp time)?