Scheduling Alerts

Reaction score
Is it possible to have alerts sent only during certain dayparts? Recording continues as normal (in this case 24/7) but the client only wants email (or SMS) alerts on certain cameras during hours the business is closed. Thank you.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Is it possible to have alerts sent only during certain dayparts? Recording continues as normal (in this case 24/7) but the client only wants email (or SMS) alerts on certain cameras during hours the business is closed. Thank you.
yes that is a basic function...see help file and video tutorials...push notifications are faster and more efficient than sms/email alerts

Reaction score
Thank you. Section 7.8 says “However, this camera properties page allows you to create and maintain a custom schedule which specifies when this camera specifically should be active.” which is not what we’re looking for. We want the cameras active, recording with motion detect 24/7. We have email alerts set up now for specific cameras. But we want those notifications sent only during specific hours of the day.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you. Section 7.8 says “However, this camera properties page allows you to create and maintain a custom schedule which specifies when this camera specifically should be active.” which is not what we’re looking for. We want the cameras active, recording with motion detect 24/7. We have email alerts set up now for specific cameras. But we want those notifications sent only during specific hours of the day.
you are looking at the wrong section....it is possible and VERY easy...read the help file...learn how profiles work and understand that you can set alerts on a PER profile basis. you can do this in the global scheduled..you dont need to do it separately for each camera.

Reaction score
Thank you. So I named Profile 2 “work hours”. I went to “schedule”, selected that profile and drew 7 AM to 10 PM seven days a week in blue. Email is set up and tested. On a particular camera, I chose Alerts Profile 1 and checked the email box but on Profile 2 email is unchecked. This should send email alerts except 7AM-10PM. Record is active for both Profiles. Am I getting this?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you. So I named Profile 2 “work hours”. I went to “schedule”, selected that profile and drew 7 AM to 10 PM seven days a week in blue. Email is set up and tested. On a particular camera, I chose Alerts Profile 1 and checked the email box but on Profile 2 email is unchecked. This should send email alerts except 7AM-10PM. Record is active for both Profiles. Am I getting this?
Exactly

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you. We will endeavor to explore more options. ‘preciate jha.
Note that while the schedule is global your change to one camera will only affect that camera...you need to adjust alerts for each cam..

Reaction score
Thank you. So I named Profile 2 “work hours”. I went to “schedule”, selected that profile and drew 7AM to 8PM seven days a week in blue, balance of schedule is in green. Email is set up and tested. On a particular camera, I chose Alerts Profile 1 and checked the email box but on Profile 2 email is unchecked. This should send email alerts EXCEPT during 7AM-8PM. Record is active 24/7 for both Profiles. Am I getting this?

What is the difference between "Preset names" and "Select a profile to draw"?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you. So I named Profile 2 “work hours”. I went to “schedule”, selected that profile and drew 7AM to 8PM seven days a week in blue, balance of schedule is in green. Email is set up and tested. On a particular camera, I chose Alerts Profile 1 and checked the email box but on Profile 2 email is unchecked. This should send email alerts EXCEPT during 7AM-8PM. Record is active 24/7 for both Profiles. Am I getting this?

What is the difference between "Preset names" and "Select a profile to draw"?
exactly...
ignore the preset names...presets allow you to have completely different profile schedules setup for various situations. Most folks dont need to use them.

Reaction score
I think the issue (notifications sent during open hours) might be tied to a preset name I set up. I’ll see tonight if notifications are sent during the night.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I think the issue (notifications sent during open hours) might be tied to a preset name I set up. I’ll see tonight if notifications are sent during the night.
delete all presets...use the default and draw again. Though it should not matter if the correct preset is selected.