screwed up my installation a little

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Without a person moving in the view, nothing can be said about the flair, positioning, etc. This is the third time I have said this and I am done giving help here.

^^^^^
THIS

Dont try and tweak camera settings without video of someone walking up to the door. Movement, human, is the priority

kolbasz

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Testing before mounting, every location, as outlined in the Cliff Notes.
Means, making a temporary mount, with bucket, 2x4x8', rocks for ballast. Mount cam on 2x4, test location for a minimum of 24hrs, preferably longer while recording.
Worrying about watching the driveway with this cam, falls into the newbie category of trying to do too much with one camera.
I'm learning, future cameras will get this treatment. Luckily this issue doesn't seem unfixable or as bad as it seemed when originally looking at the footage.

kolbasz

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
When wives decide the suitable location, it almost always is a detriment to getting an optimal placement for face ID. :)
Paint the camera to match the house, 98% of visitors will never notice it's there.
Haha, it was already white on white.

WAF is a contributing factor in installing more cameras.

kolbasz

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
^^^^^
THIS

Dont try and tweak camera settings without video of someone walking up to the door. Movement, human, is the priority
Was using shinobi just to get set up. Plan to find a suitable BI box this weekend and then the real fun begins.

I'm actually excited about the thought of rotating the camera 90 degree as my point of view is higher than it is wide. This was not something I even considered, so that's sweet!

kolbasz

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@handinpalm Thanks for the idea of rotating the camera, Still room to play and tweak, but hats a total game changer for sure. It toally changes the view, thats freaking awesome.

While I took it off, I messed with the zoom a bit too. Who would have thought, this stuff is fun as hell.

1601687430505.png

kolbasz

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Curious here what is considered more important, seeing someone standing at the door or approaching the door?

I can angle more left or more right with some zoom action

kolbasz

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I love this place. While I continue to play and wait for my BI machine to arrive, I continue to look and wonder what is next is my surveillance journey.

And while I tell myself the next cameras will be at the garage door, I may first replace the one at the front door. Pondering this guy: Review-Dahua IPC-HDBW4231F-E2-M Dual Starlight Cam

The thought being that the IPC-T5442T-ZE is mostly wasted focused purely on the entryway. Instead, I can get the "boobie" cam, have one lens pointed to the door and package area and the other pointed out at the approach. From there, I can move the IPC-T5442T-ZE to the front of the garage.

At least it seems logical in my head.

Rocinante

n3wb
Reaction score
This is a little late, but clear plastic sheets will not reflect the flare.
The area covered by the sheets will appear dark when the IR hits it.
You can use thumbtacks to attach the sheets to make it easier to move or remove them.