SD1A203T-GN vs IPC-HDW5231R-ZE

Low Timer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Good evening everyone. I recently purchased a IPC-HDW5231R-ZE and looking to purchased more cameras around the house. I'm wanting to add a PTZ as I expand. I've been reading a lot and my have missed the comparison. Would a SD1A203T-GN be very similar to a IPC-HDW5231R-ZE with the exception of it being a dome and PTZ? I don't believe there is a small turret that is PTZ. I'm looking for PTZ that is similar to a IPC-HDW5231R-ZE that is a PTZ. Any downsides other than being a dome of a SD1A203T-GN comapared to a IPC-HDW5231R-ZE?

Hope this makes a little sense.

Thanks

Last edited:

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I think the lux ratings (low-light capability) are slightly better on the 5231, but IMO not enough to worry about. I also think the 5231 has more optical zoom (5x) vs the SD1A203T-GN's 3x. I also think that you can only mount the SD1A horizontally, if that matters.

I use the SD1A203T-GN to cover my front porch and really like it. I don't PTZ it around manually a lot, but I like having the ability when I need it.

Low Timer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I think the lux ratings (low-light capability) are slightly better on the 5231, but IMO not enough to worry about. I also think the 5231 has more optical zoom (5x) vs the SD1A203T-GN's 3x. I also think that you can only mount the SD1A horizontally, if that matters.

I use the SD1A203T-GN to cover my front porch and really like it. I don't PTZ it around manually a lot, but I like having the ability when I need it.
Thank you very much for your feedback, it helps to make a decision.