SD49225-HN Cover Screws

Pmedicj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi All,
I recently upgraded the firmwares for my cameras and NVR to the latest and all went well until I went to do a hard reset on the camera. The 4 Phillips screws on the back cover are covered in blue Loctite and hard to remove.
I had one screw that the head didn’t even resemble a philips screw anymore do to it already being buggered up. I managed to remove it but fear tightening it back up due to not being able to get it out again with the stripped out head.
Any info on the size of these screws and where to find a replacement? I am sure Andy would take care of me but don’t want to go down that road for a minor issue.
Thanks again.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
They will be Mn x Pmm where n=diameter in mm and P=length in mm eg M3 x 5mm
Measure the diameter and length.
For sure they will be available on eBay.

Pmedicj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It is an M3 0.5 x16mm partially threaded machine screw. Can't seem to find them anywhere!

Pmedicj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks anyway but that’s a no go.

The problem is that the screw needs to be partially threaded at the end and be smooth in the middle. It’s becuase the cover is threaded also (so it captures the screws so they don’t fall out) along with the body of the camera. If you use one that is threaded the whole length it does not tighten the cover completely because of thread misalignment.

Pmedicj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I’ll have to check thread length but that may be the ticket! Thank you.