SD59225U factory resets with power failure...

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I've had this camera for many years. Recently it's been rebooting randomly on a pretty frequent basis - sometimes in as little as 2 minutes. While reboots are not unusual (it's always done every once and a while), the loss of time, presets, and any other configuration variables is new.

I've tried different PoE+ switches/ports, but it's still resetting the configs.

Is it just time for me to replace the camera or is there a user-serviceable battery or other component that I can repair/replace?

1689869896185.png

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Did you try powering it with a power supply(not POE)?
Not yet. I have several of the PoE+ to 12V/2A splitters with barrel plug that I can use at the current installation location if it turns out that solves the problem. I've used those to power other cameras that took lightning damage to the internal PoE modules (where they work fine on a wall wart but not via PoE).

The camera is currently about 20' in the air, and a real beatch to get to - so I was hoping to resolve/troubleshoot from the ground.

Interestingly the resets have stopped since our rain quit. Still am wondering what would cause the system clock and all config settings to clear with each restart tho.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Check the camera connection to the ethernet cable, it may be corroded if the cable was not properly water proofed at time of install.
WaterProofing Connections

That camera requires a 24vac, 3amp power supply if not using POE+. It won't work with a splitter.
Spec: 24VAC/3A(±10%)

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
24V? Ugh. I didn't realize that. Yes, everything is solid copper. zero CCA in my system anywhere.