SD59225U-HNI DH_SD-Eos_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_V2.800.0000000.5.R.190827

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Here is the latest new firmware for these models.

These are stable PTZ model, most of them support auto tracking.
SD6CE245U-HNI
SD59225U-HNI,
SD59230U-HNI
SD6CE230U-HNI,
SD6CE225U-HNI,
SD50225U-HNI,
SD52C225U-HNI
SD52C230U-HNI,
PTZ1A225U-IRA-N,
SD6AL245U-HNI,
SD6AE245U-HNI
SD50430UN-HN
SD59430U-HNI

Update:
upload_2019-9-10_11-40-3.png

Attention please Try to keep the power on during update. Later versions cannot return to versions earlier than 2.800. After update, make a default(Not Factory Default).

Can report to me if have any bugs.

Last edited:

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY, Andy I will try on my SD6CE225U-HNI are you saying that Auto Tracking is also improved in this release ? Thanks

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks Andy, I've upgraded the PTZ1A225U-IRA-N & DH-SD59225U-HNI here so will see how they go.

If anyone is wondering this firmware still requires the browser plugin unlike some other Dahua cameras which are plugin free.

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm just back in after the school run and checking the cameras now to get the defaults done - just a warning to those who don't that some settings are changed after the update(best practice is always reset to defaults after the upgrades but not everyone does it).

The one obvious one is text overlays are changed from whatever they're set to size wise to self adapting which is 64x64 on both mine.

Jaxon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'll chime in to say I upgraded my SD59230U-HNI with the "DH_SD-Eos_MultiLang_NP_Stream3_V2.800.0000000.5.R.190827.bin" firmware.

From this:
System Version V2.623.0000000.13.R.E4.301e.3S.NR, Build Date: 2018-12-05
WEB Version 3.2.1.667589 ONVIF Version 16.12(V2.4.3.574996)
PTZ Version V2.300.0000000.10.RHNT_170926_24381
Security Baseline Version V1.3
To this:
Sept 10 2019 --> DH_SD-Eos_MultiLang_NP_Stream3_V2.800.0000000.5.R.190827.bin
System Version V2.800.0000000.5.R.E4.301e.3S.NR, Build Date: 2019-08-27
WEB Version V3.2.1.780791 ONVIF Version 18.12(V2.4.5.729857)
PTZ Version V2.300.0000000.10.RHNT_170926_24381
Security Baseline Version V2.0
I don't see any problems with the new firmware in the ten minutes it's been running. I need to head to work, but I've re-enabled tracking and will take a look at the new settings when I get some time.

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
hi , the firmware is for ntsc version or pal ?
It's one firmware for both and you just set the video standard accordingly in the camera menu (unlike some older camera firmwares which were different files for each).

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Installed on my SD6CE225U-HNI from 2019-01-19 to this new version. Checking for changes/improvements today.
@EMPIRETECANDY i notice this is the main firmware update only, is there any update to the PTZ firmware at this time ? Thanks

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Quick update. No issues seen per se after the update. As @reverend mentioned, some things are altered (picture settings strangely enough) after the update. I also noticed that tours were acting a bit funky. Now as previously mentioned, reset to default is generally the best practice (I do that as well to keep things clean on the cams) but wanted to mention these.

Another thing I noticed (don't remember if from he 2019-01-19 FW) is that when / if you enable EIS (Electronic Image Stabilization) now you get a warning that stated 'Intelligent functions like tracking will be affected if EIS is enabled'. Kind if interesting if that is new that a number of us that may have run this in the past due to need in some install cases may want to reconsider if using either Auto Track (not advised) or IVS based tracking.

HTH

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That's interesting - which picture settings did you see change as nothing jumped out at me.

I've never used EIS here as I'm mounted solidly on the side of a house but very interesting about that warning - even with it off mine still does the tail spins at times and seems to struggle with rules based autotracking at times where the camera will overshoot where it thinks the motion is going to go. I think it doesn't help that mine is sited on the front of a house so things can happen quickly like a car turning - when tracking something slower like a person it's much better.

So far this firmware seems to be handling an issue microSD card I've got in one camera better than before - it takes a few days to fill that card so it's only 40% full so I'll keep an eye on it for a couple of weeks to see what happens. Typically that camera is mounted 15 meters up in an awkward location so replacing that card hasn't been important!

Stability wise so far this has been fine over the last 24 hours - picture quality wise seems the same with the settings I set after the defaults but a spider has taken up residence so I need to get rid of that today :)

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
@reverend

For me it was the picture settings (brightness, contrast etc) that all went back to 0 even without doing the factory reset.

Yes, I'm almost positive that EIS warning was not there before, so very interesting this warning is called out now. I too though continue to see the auto tracking (IVS based) act up. I think if you have a long enough FOV to 'capture' a moving target and keep it in play the better the camera performs. Either that or slow moving subjects like people as you mentioned. I certainly think work could be done on the PTZ FW to assist with this. I too see the camera over compensate for movement or get fooled by headlights etc which is a real pain. Tried dialing in contrast, picture settings etc but still to no avail.

One wish I have for the PTZ firmware is to give us horizontal limitation control. We have vertical (line up / line down) today but horizontal would also allow us to hone the camera on a vertical plane which may help in some install situations where PTZ could not go beyond xxxx.

@EMPIRETECANDY in your conversations with Dahua, if you could mention the Auto Tracking issues still seen and see if there are any plans to work on improvements to this, even things like allowing a vertical limitation setting and further abilities that could allow a cleaner tracking experience would be great. Thanks

I would agree that this new FW is stable apart from the little hiccups I mentioned above.

That's interesting - which picture settings did you see change as nothing jumped out at me.

I've never used EIS here as I'm mounted solidly on the side of a house but very interesting about that warning - even with it off mine still does the tail spins at times and seems to struggle with rules based autotracking at times where the camera will overshoot where it thinks the motion is going to go. I think it doesn't help that mine is sited on the front of a house so things can happen quickly like a car turning - when tracking something slower like a person it's much better.

So far this firmware seems to be handling an issue microSD card I've got in one camera better than before - it takes a few days to fill that card so it's only 40% full so I'll keep an eye on it for a couple of weeks to see what happens. Typically that camera is mounted 15 meters up in an awkward location so replacing that card hasn't been important!

Stability wise so far this has been fine over the last 24 hours - picture quality wise seems the same with the settings I set after the defaults but a spider has taken up residence so I need to get rid of that today :)

jmcu

Known around here
Reaction score
Updated - SD59430U-HNI - NO good for me

Camera PTZ controls backwards when/ if it moves, presets are random locations.
Reset to default and did factory default with no resolve...
Can not roll back firmware...

Last edited:

Jaxon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I can't seem to save any changes under IVS Rule Config. Any time I make a change to anything and hit save, I get a small box at the bottom right that says "Please draw now.".

upload_2019-9-15_9-18-22.png

Another question, in the past I upgraded both the system firmware and a separate the PTZ firmware. Andy, is there a newer PTZ firmware?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I can't seem to save any changes under IVS Rule Config. Any time I make a change to anything and hit save, I get a small box at the bottom right that says "Please draw now.".

View attachment 47360

Another question, in the past I upgraded both the system firmware and a separate the PTZ firmware. Andy, is there a newer PTZ firmware?
what is the model of your PTZ? This is the latest new one. Have you make a default after update?

Jaxon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good call on defaulting the camera after the upgrade, seems to save changes now.