SD59225U-HNI DH_SD-Eos_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_V2.800.0000000.5.R.190827

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Updated - SD59430U-HNI - NO good for me

Camera PTZ controls backwards when/ if it moves, presets are random locations.
Reset to default and did factory default with no resolve...
Can not roll back firmware...
Did you find a resolution to this?

Steveee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have updated to this firmware, and now have no manual control of ptz functions from gdmss app.
It was working previously.
I don't know if I've inadvertently changed a setting on camera?
Any ideas please.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I have updated to this firmware, and now have no manual control of ptz functions from gdmss app.
It was working previously.
I don't know if I've inadvertently changed a setting on camera?
Any ideas please.
Make a default after you update the firmware, if still not work, make a hard reset on the camera's reset button(Camera is powered on), hold it for 7-10seconds.

Steveee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ok, I have tried:-
Ptz reset, default cam, factory default, reset switch on cam, re-boot, power on/ off, uninstall/ reinstall app.
Still no ptz control in gdmss pluss app. Also tried gdmss lite app, no go.
So tell me I'm an idiot for not doing the obvious(To Some) , but I'd really like to know what I'm missing?
Thanks.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ptz reset, default cam, factory default, reset switch on cam, re-boot, power on/ off, uninstall/ reinstall app.
So tell me I'm an idiot for not doing the obvious(To Some) , but I'd really like to know what I'm missing?
Thanks.
Do the PTZ controls work from a broswer?
@jmcu reported earlier in this thread that his PTZ contols are not working right with this firmware.

jmcu

Known around here
Reaction score
Do the PTZ controls work from a broswer?
@jmcu reported earlier in this thread that his PTZ contols are not working right with this firmware.
I should of updated my post...

I have 1 SD-59430 that works just fine with this firmware and 1 that must of had a bad update. The PTZ controls are wacked out along with the presets.

This firmware has baseline 2 that does not allow you to downgrade below 2.800.XXX. There is nothing below 2.800.005. in the 2.800.xxx series, so it is stuck until I try a serial UART update or a new firmware is put out...
( I doubt there will be, I'm sure these are close to EOL) I did not have much luck with the TFTP option that I tried.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks.
Did you try deleting the camera from the app, then re-adding it?

Steveee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes,
But that was good timing, I've just got ptz control working from app OK again.
Found a setting on NVR for ptz(in with camera registration etc) for that channel was set to local, so set to remote and now works ok on app.
I had not noticed before.
I'm just glad its working again :)

brad2388

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there a different firmware i can drop back to?

This totaly killed my autotracking. It worked pretty well. Now it dont follow anything like its too slow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shana

n3wb
Reaction score
Here is the latest new firmware for these models.

These are stable PTZ model, most of them support auto tracking.
SD6CE245U-HNI
SD59225U-HNI,
SD59230U-HNI
SD6CE230U-HNI,
SD6CE225U-HNI,
SD50225U-HNI,
SD52C225U-HNI
SD52C230U-HNI,
PTZ1A225U-IRA-N,
SD6AL245U-HNI,
SD6AE245U-HNI
SD50430UN-HN
SD59430U-HNI

Update:
View attachment 47173

Attention please Try to keep the power on during update. Later versions cannot return to versions earlier than 2.800. After update, make a default(Not Factory Default).

Can report to me if have any bugs.

Hey, where is the attached firmware file, do not see it :-( TY!

jmcu

Known around here
Reaction score
He may have pulled it, there were a few issues with it...

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Yes, we found some bug for the IVS /autotracking, will talk with dahua guys on Tuesday, they have 1 week holiday. We back to work tomorrow and process all the pending orders.

brad2388

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, we found some bug for the IVS /autotracking, will talk with dahua guys on Tuesday, they have 1 week holiday. We back to work tomorrow and process all the pending orders.
Any update on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BSD2000

n3wb
Reaction score
What are the most stable camera and PTZ firmware for the SD59430U right now? Does anyone have a source for a repository of older firmware versions for this camera?
It seems like Dahua makes excellent camera hardware but vastly needs to improve their firmware stability and testing before releasing new versions. I've run into countless issues and wasted untold hours trying different things to get things to work how it should have worked the first time out of the box.

There are a lot of little things I noticed with my SD59430U that drive me up a wall. First, the camera and PTZ firmware seem to need to be matched. If you update one and not the other you may or may not run into problems.

Second, Dahua seems to randomly add and take away features between revisions. As an example, older camera firmware versions list a bunch of statistics for the camera and PTZ while newer versions those statistics are gone. Another example is the audio bitrates for G.711A codec - older versions show 8k/16k/48k options and the new version only shows 8k. Why? I'm stuck using AAC or Mpeg2 Layer-2 if I want anything above 8K. (8k audio totally sucks, btw).

Third, restoring configuration backups made from older firmware versions may or may not work correctly when imported with newer firmware, which kind of defeats the whole purpose of making backups in the first place. I don't know how many times I've had to reprogram PTZ presets for fear of causing issues (severe stuttering, sluggishness, random freezes) when restoring an old backup with new firmware. It's like the programmers are too lazy to add some logical parsing to the incoming file to ignore values and settings that may be different or out of range for the new firmware. Importing a value that is out of range for the new firmware almost always causes issues due to this oversight.

Fourth, every single update needs the camera to be hard reset (factory default or reset button), then 'soft' reset to defaults to even begin to work correctly. Again, poor programming comes into play here because restoring a config backup may or may not work depending on how different the saved values are.

Fifth, the manual in-camera firmware checks almost always come back 'It is the latest version' on every Dahua device I own, even if they are a few revisions behind the latest version.

Last edited:

Audrius

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What are the most stable camera and PTZ firmware for the SD59430U right now? Does anyone have a source for a repository of older firmware versions for this camera?
maybe will help you
as NVR I use QNAP, for my "QNAP QVR Pro" only recognizes 13.R.181205

Attachments

dxva

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, bought such a camera DH-SD59225U-HNI, the problem with auto track, 90% miss or loses goal, man this or cat or bird equally, firmware as I understand the latter, the problem in camera or mistake in firmware, that advise . Sorry about my English )
Type DH-SD59225U-HNI
System VersionV2.800.0000000.5.R.E4.2512.3S.NR, Build Date: 2019-08-27
WEB Version V3.2.1.780791
ONVIF Version18.12(V2.4.5.729857
VersionPTZ VersionV2.301.0000000.3.RHNT_180331_26657
View attachment reg_ch1_20191209162333_20191209162413_x264.m4v

Last edited:

smole

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I cant see the FW link, can someone repost it?