SD59225U-HNI latest new firmware.

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Did you have any luck restoring your camera? I am having the same issue. After applying MCU file the camera no longer responds. I verified that it powers up and checked the default subnet with no luck. I also opened the lid and pressed the reset button a couple different ways.
Nope... I was able to figure out how to connect to the camera using a ESP8266 NodeMCU and putty, but I couldn't extract the firmware from the bin file. Andy recommended I remove the camera from the PTZ housing and send him just the camera to save on shipping costs so that's what I did. I just sent it back to him a few days ago via USPS so I'm sure it's not there yet.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Nope... I was able to figure out how to connect to the camera using a ESP8266 NodeMCU and putty, but I couldn't extract the firmware from the bin file. Andy recommended I remove the camera from the PTZ housing and send him just the camera to save on shipping costs so that's what I did. I just sent it back to him a few days ago via USPS so I'm sure it's not there yet.
How did this turn out?

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
How did this turn out?
Not as well as I had hoped. It took 3 weeks for it to be delivered to China via the US Post Office and then I found out I hadn't sent everything they needed so it took another three weeks to send in the rest of the parts. When I finally got the camera back a month ago it was missing the main cable that goes from the camera to the lens. Andy sent me a new cable which I just received earlier this week. I got the camera back online, but to my disappointment the auto-tracking doesn't work properly. When the camera detects motion it spins around one and a half times and then returns back to the starting position. I'm not blaming Andy for any of these issues. He has been very responsive to my questions and has gone out of his way to help. I guess I'll just chalk this up to a lesson learned. When it comes to firmware updates if it's not broke don't fix it.

richtj99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

I have the SD52C225U-HNI purchased from Andy. I am having an issue where it cant add properly in Blue Iris. I can get it in but no PTZ. I have a second SD52C225U-HNI (also purchased from Andy - but it shows up as a General_IP PTZ Camera - works just fine, Onvif auto detect. I was planning on updating the firmware on the first SD52C225U-HNI- not sure which one i use in the USA.

This thread has me a bit concerned about updating the firmware. Should I be? Which Firmware for the USA?

1st SD52C225U-HNI Firmware: (NOT WORKING CORRECTLY IN BLUE IRIS)
Device Type SD52C225U-HNI
Software Version 2.422.0000.8.R.E4.2512.3S.NR, Build Date: 2017-03-15
WEB Version 3.2.1.430772
ONVIF Version 2.42(V2.2.1.414651)
PTZ Version 3.02.20.RHNP

Can I take the firmware from the 2nd SD52C225U-HNI which works no problem & put it on the 1st SD52C225U-HNI?

2nd SD52C225U-HNI Firmware: (WORKING CORRECTLY IN BLUE IRIS)
System Version 2.622.0000000.1.R.E4.2512.3S.NR, Build Date: 2017-11-21
WEB Version 3.2.1.518243
ONVIF Version 16.12(V2.4.1.513183)
PTZ Version 2.300.0000000.10.RHNP_170926_2438

Thanks,
Rich

LeeJSA

n3wb
Reaction score
I also want to upgrade to this latest firmware on my SD52C225U-HNI but after reading this thread I'm a little worried about bricking my new camera - anyone else has issues other than the above?

CDAPete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I am shopping for this camera (SD59225U-HNI) and see them advertised both with and without the Dahua logo yet in the case of 'no logo' they still state that the firmware can be upgraded. So, would this mean that the official upgrade files from Dahua would still work with a non-logo camera or would the updates be via some backdoor, unofficial upgrade? It's already tricky enough just from what I have read here so I want to avoid any additional headaches. Also, why can't I find this camera anywhere on the Dahua site when I search for it by name? There is no reference anywhere... as if they never actually made this camera. Very strange. With that being the case where is one supposed to find an official firmware upgrade when they need one if we can't even find reference to the camera itself? Where are you guys finding these updates?

Which one would you rather have if the money didn't matter: This one: SD59225U-HNI as discussed above or the 4K one at $175 dollars more: SD59430U-HNI ???

Last edited:
Reaction score
When updating the firmware, have to upload main firmware and the PTZ both, no first or second, just do it one by one. Or else the camera lost the PTZ function.

Want to try this firmware but don't completly understand the way to do it. i'm confused by the sentence above.
Can someone explain the steps to do?