Sealing holes in concrete and vinyl siding

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So I got lots of good information, but still wondering exactly how to seal up the holes in vinyl siding/house sheathing.

Can any anyone give a rundown on exactly how one of these vinyl siding mounting blocks will be installed?
Builders Edge 6.625 in. x 6.625 #001 White Triple 3-Surface Universal Mounting Block-130110007001 - The Home Depot

Also, using the Dahua PFA137 mounts on top of those blocks. I'm looking to find out exactly what is sealed where, and what hardware should be used to attach to the house. Thanks!
Seal where the cable goes through the building wrap behind the siding and route the cable to you create a drip loop. Some siding mounting blocks have a built in junction box that would give you some space for the connection. Also seal where it goes through the siding / siding block.

I still think I'd put a camera for LPR up in your soffit. The Z12 and Z5 cameras aren't tiny and down low might look a bit obnoxious

Last edited:

Dave88LX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah they are pretty big. I'm going to work on the camera next to the front door first. I had a hell of a time locally sourcing vinyl siding wall mount plates. I'm honestly really disappointed that I can't find what I need locally.

Home Depot had this, which perfectly fits the profile of my siding, but it's not really set up to attach to the house in any good way.
Ply Gem 6.625 in. x 6.625 in. White D4 and D5 Surface Mounting Block-BLK040H04H - The Home Depot

I went to two Home Depots yesterday looking for the octagon-shaped mounting block, but I could only find FLAT or DUTCH LAP. Looks like a store 40 minutes away has the one I need. :rolleyes:
Arlington Industries 12-1/2 in. x 11-1/4 in. PVC Mounting Block Kit-8141-1 - The Home Depot

Even if I used this second mount with the built-in wiring compartment, I'm still confused how to mount the PFA137 over it. The Wiki doesn't go much into the installation.

The mounting holes on the PFA137 don't line up with anything on the siding mount. In fact, all the PFA137 mounting holes all reside over the large opening of the vinyl mounting block.

Thanks.