Search function on Dahua NVR shows solid alarm trigger

mat-with-one-t

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi again. I’m not sure why this has started, but one of my cams, when I use the “Search” function to look at overnight triggers, shows a solid red block for the entire night....

NVR
DHI-NVR5216-16p-4ks2e

Cam in question
Ipc-hdw5241h-as-pv

I have reset/checked any rules directly via the cam’s interface. I have disabled any “alarm” functions, yet the solid red appears every night across same timeframe (essentially all night). This is the very time I want to see tripwire triggers!

Tripwires (3 of them) are set to different time intervals and mostly seem to work well. I can see them in the “AI” search, although tellingly, not overnight!?

Thoughts gurus?

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Spider web on lens?

Show us some video footage of that timeframe

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Web-cam spider webs ha

I mean post a clip say 30 seconds of the cam recording at night associated with the solid red motion alerts.... I’ve seen tiny spider webs wiggle back and forth all night and do exactly what your seeing...

mat-with-one-t

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No - as per the pic, there's no single red "trigger events". It comes up as just one solid red block, Interestingly, I have realised the period it does this for is the set overnight times under "alarm", even though I have no alarm functions enabled. I've tried to refresh this and I'll see what happens. I still get alot of red blocks during the day too, and they don't seem to correspond to anything. Again, I am pretty sure all "alarm" functions are disabled, so I don't know what this happens. I just want events noted according to tripwire settings. hmmm

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Does that Dahua NVR have the equivalent of the Hikvision 'Show rules' setting where on playback it shows the trigger source as an overlay on the video?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
It does on the NVR playback, but not on the actual exported file that I can find...?