Second viewing station for under $50!

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm obviously entering something wrong but while I can see and use UI3, I get a 404 error when I try to connect to allcams.htm in a browser (chrome) on my phone (android) right now. What format should I be using for the complete URL? I was just substituting allcams for UI3 in the URL.

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
That's exactly what I was trying. I must have BI's server disabled or something. Either that or I finally need to update to a newer version of BI.

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
I just updated to 4.8.5.0, and still, I get 404 not found error. I must have something else set incorrectly. I'm now also allowing the PC to update Windows 10, which has not been allowed, either, for several months. Wish me luck on that! ;)

Also, after the update of BI, it complained about my settings for clip storage and I had to choose a different folder for the database.

I've tried this with several browsers, and although everything works fine with UI3, I get 404 when trying to find "allcams.htm".

Edit to add:
The windows update didn't appear to have wrecked anything, and the new version of BI seems to run fine. I did have to let it rebuild the database after moving its location so it wouldn't complain, and everything seems to be working as before with no surprises noted so far.

I'm still unable to see the "allcams.htm" page, but it's not a big deal. I was just curious about using that after reading this thread.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't see a corresponding HTML page named allcams.htm but there is a page named camsonly.htm (as well as iphone, mobile, jpegpull and others). Maybe that page referred to is part of an older version or something custom?

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't see a corresponding HTML page named allcams.htm but there is a page named camsonly.htm (as well as iphone, mobile, jpegpull and others). Maybe that page referred to is part of an older version or something custom?
camsonly.htm works for me here.

Perhaps I need to create the webpage. I'll read the help file about the webserver when I get some time to play with all of this.

Last edited:

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
As an update, there's also a file called "livestream.htm" in the WWW folder, and it works, too.

Dasstrum

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just curious as to why are you using allcams.htm? Are you just trying to get the cameras to display on the Pi?

Dasstrum

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Here is how I have all mine setup:

Edit and add the following to the autostart file located at

/home/pi/.config/lxsession/LXDE-pi

You may need to make sure hidden folders are being displayed.

Add the following:

@chromium-browser --kiosk 192.168.1.X:81/ui3.htm?maximize=1

Then save/restart

Also, add the Pis IP address to the WebServer, advanced, limit IP addresses: " ^192.168.1.X" put the IP of the pi here to bypass the login screen

roaoro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
FYI
Pi 2 b+ and Pi 3 working great in Kiosk mode with UI3 using this tutorial Raspberry Pi Kiosk using Chromium . My Pi's will boot automatically to UI3 with no user interaction needed. The tutorial is fairly up to date as of now...a few days ago step 10 had some old info (/home/pi/.config/lxsession/LXDE-pi has apparently changed in newest Raspian). My thanks to Gus for the easy tutorial, and to BP2008 &? for doing such a great job on UI3, I can finally get rid of my old noisy desktop in my bedroom!

Froostix

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey there,
I had the same idea to connect a Pi as a remote client of BI webserver. Just curious why you would need a 8GB or 16GB SD Card? Any reason?

roaoro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You need an SD card to run the OS on the pi. I'm sure you could get away with the minimum size. As far as RAM goes I'm not sure how much is actually needed, but it will run best on pi 3 or above. I have one running on a pie 2b which seems to do okay.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Last edited: