securing BI pc and where to store/access

dave888

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ive purchased an i7 8th gen pc for BI, i tried hiding it in a kitchen cupboard out the way and access the pc via my other desktop from google remote desktop but the connection is laggy. Im accessing it all inside the house and note remotely. What do others do to secure their recordings? I had a local police officer doing the rounds today, he said people are breaking in and going straight for the cctv boxes or breaking in and switching the electric straight off.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
ive purchased an i7 8th gen pc for BI, i tried hiding it in a kitchen cupboard out the way and access the pc via my other desktop from google remote desktop but the connection is laggy. Im accessing it all inside the house and note remotely. What do others do to secure their recordings? I had a local police officer doing the rounds today, he said people are breaking in and going straight for the cctv boxes or breaking in and switching the electric straight off.
try teamviewer..or windows remote desktop...
desktop PC's are very rarely stolen...if you are paranoid, lock it up with a pc lock, setup cloned cameras and record to a hidden nas and record to sd cards in your cams...
You must have an alarm system...that is the first line of defense...

dave888

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
thanks for reply. also best way to view on your phone?

bguy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you want to remote into the computer, and only do it on a local network I'd set Teamviewer set to exclusively use LAN connections so it doesn't connect through Teaviewer's servers.

dave888

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
^ have all Hikvisions IP cams got this facility to put SD cards in?