Security camera recommendation

myfrndjk

n3wb
Aug 9, 2024
redmond
Hi, I own a shop that is 10 feet wide and 30 feet long. I am looking for an indoor security camera that can cover this 10 x 30 area.

Camera mounting height: 10 to 15 feet.

Expectations from the camera:

1. I need clear recordings of faces for anyone coming into the shop, both day and night.
  2. An alarm should be triggered at night if a face is detected (e.g., after 10 PM).
  3. Multiple people may enter the shop—up to 15 people at once—so I need to be able to see recordings of all 15 faces in case I want to revisit who came in during that time.
Which camera should I buy? Can a single camera solve all these issues?

I found this camera: EmpireTech 4M 4X Starlight IR PTZ AI Network Camera, but not sure if it correct choice for my requirement
I dont have issues with any brand as long as it solves the purpose

Hi, I own a shop that is 10 feet wide and 30 feet long. I am looking for an indoor security camera that can cover this 10 x 30 area.

Camera mounting height: 10 to 15 feet.

Expectations from the camera:

1. I need clear recordings of faces for anyone coming into the shop, both day and night.
  2. An alarm should be triggered at night if a face is detected (e.g., after 10 PM).
  3. Multiple people may enter the shop—up to 15 people at once—so I need to be able to see recordings of all 15 faces in case I want to revisit who came in during that time.
Which camera should I buy? Can a single camera solve all these issues?

I found this camera: EmpireTech 4M 4X Starlight IR PTZ AI Network Camera, but not sure if it correct choice for my requirement
I dont have issues with any brand as long as it solves the purpose

Welcome @myfrndjk

Your requirements and layout :
Facial ID images, means you need to catch a facial image capture at the door imho.
You want to mount it 10-15 feet high .. thus you need to mount this at the back of the shop with a straight line watching to the door. You need to check if this is possible. If so, you need an optical zoom, and you want 100 ppf at the front door.
Night time facial image capture, thus need good low light image capture .. look for a 4MP 1/1.8" sensor camera.

You will need to test any setup you get, to see if it does a good facial ID image capture.

If you need complete coverage of the interior of the shop, plan for more cameras .. perhaps another 2-4 cameras will be needed for interior image capture.