Security Camera setup WITHOUT internet

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
WHat do you guys think of this? Amazon.com: Dahua OEM 8 Channel Package: Dahua NVR4108 W/2TB WD Purple HDD, 4POE + 4 x Dahua 3MP HDBW1320E Indoor/Outdoor Dome Camera, 2 years warranty, Local US Support: Industrial & Scientific

One of the reviews says that this is a pirated product - this same package is available on other websites, but am wondering if any of you have input on this
Don't do it. Domes don't work well outside. Sun breaks plastic down, you get ir reflection issues, more problems with spiders. It's a topic discussed constantly here.
IP Cameras Home environment - need some advise please...

Simplest thing to do would be just get the qsee from costco and run cat-6 cable with the BNC cables. The "turret" style (sometimes also called EXIR/LXIR) does better than the bullet style especially at night.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Gups

n3wb
Reaction score
I just ordered the Qsee from Costco - this model which was mentioned by Kawboy12R

Costco Wholesale

These are not turrets, I guess, but sounds like for their needs, these should suffice. I appreciate everyone's help on the board. I will let you know how it goes! I may just order some longer BNC cables on Amazon in case the 60' cables included are not enough.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
These are not turrets, I guess, but sounds like for their needs, these should suffice. I appreciate everyone's help on the board. I will let you know how it goes! I may just order some longer BNC cables on Amazon in case the 60' cables included are not enough.
If you need longer don't buy pre-made cables. too hard to get the right length or tons of extra cable.

If you need longer you can buy a spool of RG-6 coax at home depot and the tools to put BNC plugs on it. You can also also get baluns that allow you to use cat-5e/6 cable instead of BNC cables.

I'd definitely run Cat-5e/6 cable along with the cables the qsee includes.