Security camera software to view WiFi BlackVue dash cam

Ralph2

n3wb
Reaction score
Is anyone aware of any (Windows PC) software used for security cameras that will do double duty and both find and view the data obtained by a WiFi BlackVue dash camera (DR650) . The included software with BlackVue is lacking the ability to use its own WiFi.. and the Android App has severe limitations.

Thank you for your time.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
and the Android App has severe limitations
Is that iSmartCam 2.6?
My G55 BlackVue dashcam does not have WiFi, so no direct experience to help - however Bubbah's G55W review here http://www.gadgetvictims.com/2014/08/dash-cam-g55w-review.html suggests you may be able to grab an RTSP stream over the WiFi, or FTP the files over.
I don't know how similar this is to the DR650 though, so may be a red herring.

Ralph2

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for the links.. which led to many more links:peaceful:. A lot (read most) of his review goes right over my head.. but it shows some people have played with the WiFi capabilities.. Some have evidently connected to the BlackVue DR650's but I need a made for dummies version..:sad2:

psycho401

n3wb
Reaction score
I use BlueIris with my Blackvue-650s. I have my camera connected to a tethered device, vpned back to my network. Blue Iris records everything from the 650s. Make sure you keep security in mind. The stream is unsecure. I am trying to figure out the audio stream. Ill see if I can find the url.

laor

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi psycho401,
I would like to record my Blackvue-650s on BlueIris. Would you please guide me with some details.
Thanks.