Semi-Translucent Overlay with Red and Green Border Following Moving Objects

Dave R.

n3wb
Reaction score
Howdy - Today I noticed my bvr files show a semi-translucent overlay, some with a red border and others with a green border when playing them. When I convert bvr files to mp4 format, this issue disappears. I have attached a screenshot of what my eyes are seeing and am curious if anyone else has experienced this?

Attachments

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Do you have motion detection enabled? You can turn rectangles off if you wish. Look at the camera settings in BI, under motion detection

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
you also want to record direct to disk to lower cpu usage, when you do this the overlay is not recorded....
you may have also selected run the camera through motion detection on playback, right click on the playback window to see..

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
All 3 suggestions so far are good things to check, though I suspect only the last one is relevant to your current problem.

Dave R.

n3wb
Reaction score
you also want to record direct to disk to lower cpu usage, when you do this the overlay is not recorded....
you may have also selected run the camera through motion detection on playback, right click on the playback window to see..
Thank you. I am already recording directly to my HDD. If you would be kind enough to map out the navigational path for motion detection on playback, that would be great.

Dave R.

n3wb
Reaction score
Do you have motion detection enabled? You can turn rectangles off if you wish. Look at the camera settings in BI, under motion detection
If I turn off motion detection, wouldn't that disable recording?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you. I am already recording directly to my HDD. If you would be kind enough to map out the navigational path for motion detection on playback, that would be great.
Direct to disc is a setting in blue Iris..read the help file...it had nothing to do with the drive

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I explained it in my post.. Right click on Playback window

Achim_BN

n3wb
Reaction score
that is not what I was referring to...read my post number 3...you have selected run through motion detection..
Thank you for your help :) Everything allright now. I suppose my jealous girlfriend has do something wrong with the program by checking the videos.