Send motion recording to a storage on network

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I like the Huisun camera but so far it seem only good for to use it with a NVR or Blue Iris.

I own several Sharx cameras which have a FTP feature where after a motion is detected and recorded, it FTP the file over to my storage drive where it is connected to every media player at my home TV. It also have NAS support as well too.

Huisun camera do have FTP and it seem to be buggy and only FTP motion images not motion recording which I wanted. And it does not have NAS support either.

So I am wondering if there a way to get motion recording either recorded or transferred to a different storage after a motion is detected.

i know every camera built in motion detect is not perfect, I determine if it worth viewing the recordings by the size of the file and the length of video when I am reviewing the list of recordings in the menu. Anything short and quick usually mean bugs or nature movement in the background.

Still would like to find a way to get motion detect recording from Huisun to a network storage drive after a recording is complete so if anyone have suggestion or ides , I am all eyes otherwise I am putting the Huisun up in classified ad.

Thank you
Bill

Bill

paul@austins.tv

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi Bill.
I personally have a Hikvision triple hybrid (analogue/HDTVI/2 x IP) DVR 7208 HQHI, 8 x HDTVI cameras (no IP lag!) & 2 x onvif IP cameras (one is the V1 IP PTZ). Mine records 24/7 on the 8TB drives, around 3 weeks along with the HDTVI's. As the Huisun is semi compatible with the DVR, especially for onvif compliance. This all is ok for me.

I have tried the FTP function on the Huisun to many of my home network FTP servers, no such joy!

Good luck.

Reaction score
TechBill, I am in the same boat as you, I had Sharx camera's as well and use blue iris. Now I have two Huisun Cameras and I I would like to be able record directly to my NAS, I have not found anyway of doing this either. I wonder if they (whom ever they is) could add this function into a new firmware.....

Have you had any luck, I know you posted this Mar 2016, but I dont think anything has changed....but maybe....

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
TechBill, I am in the same boat as you, I had Sharx camera's as well and use blue iris. Now I have two Huisun Cameras and I I would like to be able record directly to my NAS, I have not found anyway of doing this either. I wonder if they (whom ever they is) could add this function into a new firmware.....

Have you had any luck, I know you posted this Mar 2016, but I dont think anything has changed....but maybe....

No, I was unable to change anything and the person in China that was working with me being my point of contact with the Huisun engineer have just up and vanished so I never saw a new firmware for it or was able to get the camera to function the way I was hoping it would.

I abandoned Huisun selling it all off and then I went with Dahua Starlight cameras and NVR instead, I couldn't be more happier but I do have one Huisun v1 which I never gotten around to putting it up to use for weather watching.

Bill

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

if you have blue iris, why not have BI write those cams to the nas..

Reaction score
No, I was unable to change anything and the person in China that was working with me being my point of contact with the Huisun engineer have just up and vanished so I never saw a new firmware for it or was able to get the camera to function the way I was hoping it would.

I abandoned Huisun selling it all off and then I went with Dahua Starlight cameras and NVR instead, I couldn't be more happier but I do have one Huisun v1 which I never gotten around to putting it up to use for weather watching.

Bill
Thanks for the information, will Dahua Starlight record to NAS?? I will check them out for sure.
Brad

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Good Question, the reason is that I dont want to have my PC running 24 hours, I would rather have the camera's record directly to the NAS.
Brad
Do yourself a favor and run Blue Iris 24/7 you're not going to save much by shutting it down just going to cause problems and missed recordings...

Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and run Blue Iris 24/7 you're not going to save much by shutting it down just going to cause problems and missed recordings...
No Sir, I disagree with you, I will get better camera's, thanks for the advice, but I am going to decline, I will get better camera's!!!!!!!! You dont know my situation either....in conclusion when I had the Sharx camera's I never missed any recording..ZERO, NADA...nothing was missed....in fact you are wrong about the savings too.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No Sir, I disagree with you, I will get better camera's, thanks for the advice, but I am going to decline, I will get better camera's!!!!!!!! You dont know my situation either....in conclusion when I had the Sharx camera's I never missed any recording..ZERO, NADA...nothing was missed....in fact you are wrong about the savings too.
Every few weeks we have an idiot like you.... I know your situation, you are a cheapskate who thinks he will save money in the long run...you are wrong....You should be using an efficient PC with blue iris... Your savings even if you turn it off for 12 hours a day will maybe be 20 to $30 Max.. per year.... Writing to nas has its own issues and complexities... But you know better... Go buy other cameras it will cost you more money than running blue iris and lose all the benefits of blue iris because you refused to take proper advice...

Last edited: