Sending file on e-mail

restez

n3wb
Reaction score
I am trying to send a file on e-mail from my blue iris software and I don't know how to do it. I caught a thief on camera and the police want the video sent to them via e-mail is this possible?
Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am trying to send a file on e-mail from my blue iris software and I don't know how to do it. I caught a thief on camera and the police want the video sent to them via e-mail is this possible?
Thanks
First you need to export the file in a format the police can play (if its not recorded in that format)...avi or mp4...the file may be too large to email...you may have to upload it to a file transfer website like dropbox..

digger11

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You will want to export the portion of the video that is of interest to a video file and then attach that video file to an email. From the clip viewer you can move the green and red triangles at the start and end of the clip's timeline until they mark the start and end points of the video you want to export, and then if you right-click on the video the context menu that pops up has an option to "Convert/export" the selected video. If its not clear what you should do from that point, there is a help button on the window that pops up that will take you to the section of the help file on converting and exporting video.