Sentinel Facial Recognition: Black Edition - Free for 3 cams

Robert M

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
We are actually working on having an option to share a detection (and the accompanying profile) to a shared db that people can opt to subscribe to or not. (The system works as standalone anyway without it but you could get started with and would grow over time. )

This way you could be subscribed to shares in your area and would not have to manually add profiles your neighbors already posted.
Nice, thanks for the update..

Reaction score
If I only had a GTX1080 laying around! Any idea if this could be made to work with a GTX970 in case I ever get around to upgrading my gaming desktop video card? Pretty confident that's a 4GB card and a whole generation older than you call for, possibly by running a single model or fewer cameras?

nats

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If I only had a GTX1080 laying around! Any idea if this could be made to work with a 970 in case I ever get around to upgrading my gaming desktop video card?
For one or even 2 cameras you can run it on CPU.

Reaction score
Just curious, stumbled upon this card catching up on tech news: GTX P106-100

It's a Mining GTX1060 without any video output and special driver (like it does not register as a high performance video card), I wonder if something like that could work for this (although have to find a good price for one).

nats

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
as long as nvidia-smi sees it we should be able to use it

Reaction score
Any chance your models could be converted to run on one of these? Intel Unveils the Intel Neural Compute Stick 2 at Intel AI Devcon Beijing for Building Smarter AI Edge Devices | Intel Newsroom

Hackaday article shows a Raspberri Pi running on of these doing facial recognition at 18 FPS (of course with a crappier camera). AI on Raspberry Pi with the Intel Neural Compute Stick

I'd be down for buying a $100 solution, but harder to justify a $500 graphics card, and the power requirements must be pretty low to run off the USB 3 port, which would make it less costly to run all the time.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Based on the current system requirements, there would have to be some incredible slimming down of the work done in order to run on a little computer like that.

nats

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hackaday article shows a Raspberri Pi running on of these doing facial recognition at 18 FPS (of course with a crappier camera). AI on Raspberry Pi with the Intel Neural Compute Stick
I noticed they say face detection, not recognition. There are generally 2 steps to face rec 1) face detection 2) face matching. Both are heavy ML models. I think it is an awesome step forward but do notice that one thing is not the same as the other

ipc5525

n3wb
Reaction score
Can this black edition detect person, car, truck etc? I’ll try it out but I am not sure how good face detect will be for me. I say that as my cameras are mounted under the soffits of the house and have quite a large field of view. Faces on my cameras are quite small. Person and car might work better for me as they would be much large in the frame.

ipc5525

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried the black edition of Sentinel. I appreciate that it is priced at $30,000 and they discount it down to $0 for 3 cameras. It is not going to meet my needs as I am looking for person and vehicle detection. I have now wiped the PC back to Windows 10 and I'm now planning on trying iSpy as they have a $25 plugin that looks like it might do what I want.

iPlugs - Tracker

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I tried the black edition of Sentinel. I appreciate that it is priced at $30,000 and they discount it down to $0 for 3 cameras. It is not going to meet my needs as I am looking for person and vehicle detection. I have now wiped the PC back to Windows 10 and I'm now planning on trying iSpy as they have a $25 plugin that looks like it might do what I want.

iPlugs - Tracker
lol- sighthound has what you are looking for and even that is not accurate. They will be releasing v6 in the next few months. See the forum section on sighthound. If you think a 25 dollar plugin on ispy(junk with a monthly fee) is going to work, you have another thing coming. Reading their webpage it would be clear that it is not intended for your purpose.

VinAU

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi @nats I have been reading your posts on this thread and I am very keen to try the 3 camera version.

What kind of hardware requirements do you think I can make do for three cameras?

Do you guys plan to have car and number plate recognition as well?

I am happy to serve as a test bed for you unreleased and new stuff. I already have a window system with an I7 CPU, but it is probably 3rd gen. I would be good to start with that and then I will find a more appropriate system for it.

VinAU

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Does anyone know if this company still exists?

I haven't been able to find them anymore for a while.