Sentry alerts for specific times only

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Guys - how do I configure BI alerts section in camera so that I can only get alerts when it's 'Sentry Confirmed'. Also, is it possible to get alerts only between 10pm-5am at night eve though my night/day schedule is different

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Guys - how do I configure BI alerts section in camera so that I can only get alerts when it's 'Sentry Confirmed'. Also, is it possible to get alerts only between 10pm-5am at night eve though my night/day schedule is different

Thanks
Once you enable sentry for that camera it will block all alerts unless confirmed.
To set for specific times only, use blue iris profiles to send alerts only during those times.

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks. I already have profiles set which dictate my zone configuration for day and night but I only want to use a portion of the night time to get alerts

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So setup:
Day/Alert
Day/No alert
Night/Alert
Night/No alert

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok, great. One thing that's confusing in alerts page on the camera is Motion Zones A through H are selected. I don't want camera to alert on any zone but only on my zone rule (Object crosses zone B-C). How do I do that?

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok one more thing that's not working. I went to the camera alerts section and in Profile 1 Active, I unchecked the Alerts box. Then I changed the profile to Profile 3 Night and checked the Alerts box. Coming back to the camera settings later, it automatically enabled the alerts check box for Profile 1 Active too

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ok, great. One thing that's confusing in alerts page on the camera is Motion Zones A through H are selected. I don't want camera to alert on any zone but only on my zone rule (Object crosses zone B-C). How do I do that?
If you have "Fire when: This camera is triggered" selected it will only alert when it is triggered.

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I get that part but I'm trying to disable alerts during the day profile

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
In that profile set it to "never".

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So in camera settings, I first go to profile Active and uncheck enable. Then I go to night profile and enable it and it automatically enables the Active day profile alert too. I don't see any option for Never in either profile

1593975364575.png

1593975450533.png

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You need to uncheck the motion zones in that profile.

You can also disable the alert by unchecking the enable.

Also, go to Fire when and select NEVER in the drop down.

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Alright I may be running into a bug. In Active profile, I unchecked motion zones and it automatically did the same in Night profile too. Same thing happens with the Enable checkbox too

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In the night profile you need to uncheck the "synch with" daytime profile

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just making sure, are you folks asking me to uncheck motion zones in the Camera settings dialog as soon as it opens or inside of the 'On Alert'.

I do want to see alerts even for the day within BI, I just don't want to get mobile alerts during the day

Thanks

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
On your day profile set the Fire when: drop down box to never. That will disable alerts altogether.

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Guys - I had a session with the BI author and the way to do it is simply uncheck the profiles on the top left corner. As you can see, I've unchecked all the profiles except no.3 (night) so my mobile phone will only receive alerts at night. Just curious - were the suggestions being provided above for earlier versions of BI and not 5.2 ?

1594135310981.png