Sentry Person and loitering recognition, Vehicle detection & identification, + Price increase

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Probably the worst time to announce a price increase....
"Sentry AI is excited to launch Person recognition & behavior (loitering etc.), Vehicle detection & identification software for security cameras next month. Meanwhile, hurry up and lock in the current prices before we revise them for new customers starting May 1st, 2020"

Last edited:

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I was thinking of trying SentryAI out as I'm having too many false alerts due to trees and bushes near my front door. Just signed up for the trial and appears to works great, need to subscribe!

I don't have any new Dahua AI cams and wonder if they can be used to trigger BL using their AI features.

pov2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Kind of a vague announcement. They mention software, wonder if they are talking standalone.
It seems it's their terminology for cloud because they state on their website "100% software solution. No hardware upgrades needed."

pov2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Both of them were last seen here almost a month ago...

joshwah

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
i asked them they said to me that existing customers will not see ANY price rise.. only NEW customers... so lock the pricing in lol

pov2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That's what they said in the announcement: "Meanwhile, hurry up and lock in the current prices before we revise them for new customers starting May 1st, 2020"

pmcross

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Kind of a vague announcement. They mention software, wonder if they are talking standalone.
I reached out to support regarding the new features and they confirmed that these new features will be integrated into blue iris, so it looks like they will keep everything in the cloud. They also told me that they will be releasing the new features to beta users in the next few weeks before the go-live in May.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Well not real good news. After a series of emails, it comes down to this. If your subscription extends beyond May 1 then you just keep using the features you currently have until your subscription expires. In my case that is August 2023. You don’t get to use the new options unless you upgrade.

So, you would only lock in current pricing if you don’t want the new features.

Upgrade price? Unknown per Sentry until May 1.:oops:

So, not only not a good time to raise prices but for those of us that funded their operations and R&D, we‘re just forgotten it seems.

@varghesesa ?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Well not real good news. After a series of emails, it comes down to this. If your subscription extends beyond May 1 then you just keep using the features you currently have until your subscription expires. In my case that is August 2023. You don’t get to use the new options unless you upgrade.

Upgrade price? Unknown per Sentry until May 1.

So, not only not a good time to raise prices but for those of us that funded their operations and R&D, we‘re just forgotten it seems.
did you buy a 4 year subscription? Would they allow you to pay the difference? More troubling is that the twitter post is fraudulent and misleading, it implies if you sign up now you wont be subject to the increase but still get the new features. @SentryAI @varghesesa

Reaction score
did you buy a 4 year subscription? @SentryAI @varghesesa
No. One day I saw that they “locked in current pricing” for me by charging a 3 year subscription. They obviously needed more money to continue operating. I’m pretty certain I wasn’t the only one who was charged without prior consent.

Poor business sense and worse customer relations. Especially when cheaper and no cost options are getting better and better.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No. One day I saw that they “locked in current pricing” for me by charging a 3 year subscription. They obviously needed more money to continue operating. I’m pretty certain I wasn’t the only one who was charged without prior consent.

Poor business sense and worse customer relations. Especially when cheaper and no cost options are getting better and better.
You should dispute the charge with the credit card company. That is fraud. They dont get the fact that sooner or later Ken will integrate something local into BI that is free or cheaper.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@JNDATHP I will add that they should immediately contact you and refund your money. I will send them a direct email with this link. If they dont do it, they will be banned from ipcamtalk.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just sent sentry support an email asking them to contact you via the forum.

Reaction score
@JNDATHP I will add that they should immediately contact you and refund your money. I will send them a direct email with this link. If they dont do it, they will be banned from ipcamtalk.
I posted here that I wasn’t happy without being contacted first. Sentry, through @varghesesa, on this forum wrote that I could contact customer service and get my money refunded. I chose not to because the amount charged was minimal for me. I just didn’t like that they “assumed” it would be okay.