Sentry Server Error

motoolfan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've been using Sentry for 3 weeks or so and for the most part, it's working pretty good. The last three days I'm getting all the triggers and getting "Sentry: Server error 12002" in the logs. The first time I emailed them, they said they rebooted their server. That worked for a day, Until yesterday I started to get a few and then today has been terrible. So, I email again and they said that their end is fine and that my internet is to slow. Well my speeds are 230Mb down and 11Mb up. I've tried the latest version of Blue Iris and the latest stable version, makes no difference. Anyone else experiance ths? Thanks in advance.

Palmpilot

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes same thing for me. Lots of Sentry 12002 errors in the last few days and as a result a lot of false positives (since BI is not able to reach the Sentry servers). Not happy.

motoolfan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It’s very inconsistent. Yesterday it happened a couple times, today and two days ago it’s been crazy, triggers galore. Just had a UPS delivery and none of my sentry camera’s notified me. I have one camera is not going through sentry, it notifies me when cars turn around my driveway, it notified me when the delivery guy was there.

Last edited:

b0bthebuilder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hit and miss here also. same error

did happen a while ago (in May 2019) when they needed to increase their AWS resources

also had it happen when BI was too busy doing something, however now with sub-streams taking a lot of load off my CPU, I would have thought that would be less of an issue..... having said that I am still seeing the BI service crash several times each day (waiting to see if 5.2.9.4 has improved anything)

joshwah

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes i've been getting the same for the past week or so. It seems like Sentry is starting to go down hill in customer service, promises, new functionality and even providing a solid product :(

Really disappointing as the product was rock solid and looked really promising.... especially because we are paying for a service.. yet there is a free solution on this forum which mostly integrates with BI... if BI just provided hooks there would be heaps of good competition.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes i've been getting the same for the past week or so. It seems like Sentry is starting to go down hill in customer service, promises, new functionality and even providing a solid product :(

Really disappointing as the product was rock solid and looked really promising.... especially because we are paying for a service.. yet there is a free solution on this forum which mostly integrates with BI... if BI just provided hooks there would be heaps of good competition.
Write to the BI developer and ask to integrate local solutions. The more people that request this the more quickly he will implement it. As a result of the new substream function a local solution is more feasible for most users than before.

motoolfan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Write to the BI developer and ask to integrate local solutions. The more people that request this the more quickly he will implement it. As a result of the new substream function a local solution is more feasible for most users than before.
I'll definitely write to him this weekend.

motoolfan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Are you talking about AI tool?

Palmpilot

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@fenderman, I actually got a great response from Ken today! I wrote them a couple of days ago asking for local AI integration with Blue Iris (I specifically mentioned DeepStack.AI) and Ken replied with a short sweet sentence "This is coming ..."
This will be AMAZING! Can't wait.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@fenderman, I actually got a great response from Ken today! I wrote them a couple of days ago asking for local AI integration with Blue Iris (I specifically mentioned DeepStack.AI) and Ken replied with a short sweet sentence "This is coming ..."
This will be AMAZING! Can't wait.
Awesome! Thanks for the update.