Separate alerts for each zone?

cds333

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
For example I have one camera that covers both the street and the driveway/yard. The street is zone A and the rest is zone B.

I want the alert clips to be stored separately so I can ascertain whether the alert from this camera is a visitor in the driveway or just a car passing by on the street. I see how to select which zone(s) triggers an alert, but I don't see how to make more than one alert/trigger depending on which zone was triggered.

I know how to do this by creating a duplicate camera but I was hoping they added a zone feature to accomplish same.

Thanks very much!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
For example I have one camera that covers both the street and the driveway/yard. The street is zone A and the rest is zone B.

I want the alert clips to be stored separately so I can ascertain whether the alert from this camera is a visitor in the driveway or just a car passing by on the street. I see how to select which zone(s) triggers an alert, but I don't see how to make more than one alert/trigger depending on which zone was triggered.

I know how to do this by creating a duplicate camera but I was hoping they added a zone feature to accomplish same.

Thanks very much!
no, there is no other way...

cds333

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
In that case what is the best way to clone a camera? Does it actually take the feed from the camera twice, as if there were two separate clients connected to the camera, or is BI smart enough to realize what you're doing and use the same feed?

Also is there any recommended settings to use on the second (duplicate) camera so as to minimize bandwidth or cpu? Or should they both be set identically?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
In that case what is the best way to clone a camera? Does it actually take the feed from the camera twice, as if there were two separate clients connected to the camera, or is BI smart enough to realize what you're doing and use the same feed?

Also is there any recommended settings to use on the second (duplicate) camera so as to minimize bandwidth or cpu? Or should they both be set identically?
it only pulls a single feed..you can see this as the duplicate will display a zero bitrate..simply set both cams up the same way with respect to ip/password etc...you will see negligible bandwidth increase, hide the second camera so its not rendered twice on the screen..