SERIOUS Problem NVR4108-8P-4KS2

Tester1234

n3wb
Reaction score
I updated to version

DH_NVR4XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V4.001.0000000.0.R.200221.bin

then I downgraded to

DH_NVR4XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V3.216.0000002.0.R.190102.bin

now, I have a login screen but without showing in the middle TCP -how it was before. - see picture- and if I try to login nothing happens.

I bought this NVR from Andy -Empiretec.

What can I do ? Or did I brick it?

Thanks for help.

Attachments

Tester1234

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, I cleared cache and if I try to open ip with port even the mask to login does not show up.

@alastairstevenson : This is not for NVR? Is your link not only for cameras ?

Last edited:

Tester1234

n3wb
Reaction score
The IP is there. Config Tool does not recognize the NVR. :-( But the NVR is gone, also via TV, Dahua logo pops up, shows shortly the 8 titles for the cameras and then the tv is black.

Is there no way to play a firmware on the NVR via a USB stick while booting? Any other ideas? I mean, normally, I can flash a device with a software in the booting process?

Noone an idea?

Please can someone help?

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
TschuB @Tester1234, you are spawning so many posts no-one can follow.
Take a step back, breath in and out. Slowly. Good.
First of all, who did the v4 firmware upgrade. Did you factory reset BEFORE the upgrade? Did you factory reset AFTER the upgrade? Why did you downgrade to v3? Did you factory reset BEFORE the upgrade? After the upgrade? How did you perform this upgrade?
You say your TV goes blank. I had that too (because with factory reset, upscaling with HDMI is not working well - especially if your TV refuses the non-native signal) - can you please try with an old-skool VGA connector? If you still have image their, yes, you can then re-flash with an USB stick. That's the most-safe way, the other way involves opening the box and messing with cables with potential much more damage than finding a VGA capable monitor somewhere.

Good luck!
CC

Tester1234

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you catcamstar. I took a deep breath but unfortunately, it did not get my NVR back to run. ;-)

Before the upgrade, I did not do a factory reset. I went from v3 to v4. Everything was fine. But I wanted to downgrade back to v3 because I liked it better.

I tried with a VGA connector. Same issue. What I realized is that after 5 minutes or so it tries to reboot, it looks like the NVR is in a loop.

I think I have to try to complicated way if there is one?

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Thank you catcamstar. I took a deep breath but unfortunately, it did not get my NVR back to run. ;-)

Before the upgrade, I did not do a factory reset. I went from v3 to v4. Everything was fine. But I wanted to downgrade back to v3 because I liked it better.

I tried with a VGA connector. Same issue. What I realized is that after 5 minutes or so it tries to reboot, it looks like the NVR is in a loop.

I think I have to try to complicated way if there is one?
At least we gave it a try, didn't we? ;-)

What you can do next: open your NVR, remove the hard drive, and power it on whilst open, with VGA screen connected. Have a look at the fans, leds, and indeed validate that you are in a boot loop. Then we'll work from there.

Tester1234

n3wb
Reaction score
I removed the hard drive. Although, I did it with HDMI because I don't have VGA here (only in the office not at home), the dahua titles are there and they stay. It seems to be stable. What schould I do now?

There is no setup screen but this is probably due to the fact there is no harddrive connected?

Maybe I must format the harddrive and then put it back?

Thank you very much. A little success.

Last edited:

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
I removed the hard drive. Although, I did it with HDMI because I don't have VGA here (only in the office not at home), the dahua titles are there and they stay. It seems to be stable. What schould I do now?

There is no setup screen but this is probably due to the fact there is no harddrive connected?

Maybe I must format the harddrive and then put it back?

Thank you very much. A little success.
Haha, I saw your original post :) This forum is always open, 24/7 :)

But indeed, little success!

There is a way to format the hard drive, but for that, you have to be able to hit the menus. So I suggest you put that disk in a desktop, format the drive in NTFS/whatever, and then turn it back it. The NVR autoformats when a non-suitable partition is found.

Good luck!
CC

Tester1234

n3wb
Reaction score
I will try but unfortunately, it is not stable. I tried to log in with the user:admin and my password. But it didn't work. Maybe, I reseted the password to its default. Then I tried to restart the box and the same, the black screen appeared. Therefore, it is a game, either I am lucky or not.

I will format the hard drive in NTFS and will put it back. I will report my results.

Thanks.

Tester1234

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello CC,

I still get the screen after the box boots several times. Then it stays stable. I can use the mouse but when I try to get into the main menu, I cannot log in.
It shows me all users (three in total), I have created. When I try to login as admin with the password I have given, the hourglass mouse stays forever. All I
can do is unplug the box and plug it in again and wait until the screen stays stable again to give it another try.

I have tried the reset button on the board 30 sec as descripted to do a factory reset but the reset seems to fail.

Any idea how I can get into to main menu?

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hello CC,

I still get the screen after the box boots several times. Then it stays stable. I can use the mouse but when I try to get into the main menu, I cannot log in.
It shows me all users (three in total), I have created. When I try to login as admin with the password I have given, the hourglass mouse stays forever. All I
can do is unplug the box and plug it in again and wait until the screen stays stable again to give it another try.

I have tried the reset button on the board 30 sec as descripted to do a factory reset but the reset seems to fail.

Any idea how I can get into to main menu?
OK, once your NVR is "stable", what happens if you search your network through ConfigTool (in the dahua toolbox

Tester1234

n3wb
Reaction score
The ConigTool does not find it. The ping works.

Is there not a brick recovery tool for a NVR? And if this is the case, what do I need to do?

Last edited:

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
There are tons op IPC unbricking procedures on this forum, but for an NVR, I've read people pre-2018 flashing over tftpd, but it seems that recent firmwares are not successful. I can't help you further if you go down that road.

Tester1234

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you. I would like to solve it by an easy way. But it seems there is no chance. Or do you have another idea? Strange is the fact that I can use the mouse and the menu pops up to start to get into the main menu. All is normal. But login fails. Too bad, I cannot go back to the firmware I had on before which worked. And for a firmware update, I need to login. Maybe there is a mess up with the user within the software or the user management is different in v4 and v3 and that is the reason why it is not working.