SERIOUS Problem NVR4108-8P-4KS2

Tester1234

n3wb
Reaction score
Here is the result:

port 8686 is open? but no access if I try that port.

Attachments

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
It says, it is up but all ports are closed. Strange.
It confirms there is not much going on internally.
The kernel will bring up the interface - and allow basics such as ping and other low-level responses.

But it's the main app (sofiaI believe, or is that the cameras?) that when running will bring up the web GUI and RTSP and management listening ports.

From what you've described, though, the running status is a bit variable, so you may get variable results with nmap as well.

Tester1234

n3wb
Reaction score
There is no Web Gui at all only direct connection to the TV works. So, I guess the main app is not working at all?

But is there not a bootloader on the board, if so is there a way to recover it with a null modem cable? e.g. with sat receiver that works.
what I think off is to reinstall the NVR from scratch because my NVR is lost.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Does this NVR have a DB9 RS232 interface on the back panel, or will it be a serial TTL connector on the main board?
These are 2 different types of interface that need different convertors.

Tester1234

n3wb
Reaction score
Restoring with an image via ttl would be great.
Maybe someone knows how?

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Here is a picture.
That's a good clear image.
The 4-pin connector to the right of the SATA connector might be a serial console candidate.
For a serial console connection you'd need a serial TTL to USB convertor, a PL2303TA based one should work OK.
And a wired connector to suit the on-board connector.
Hikvision use a 4-pin 1.5mm JST ZH connector.

This is not an NVR I've had any experience with, so I can only offer general advice, sorry.
Have any other forum members done any revovery or study of the Dahua NVR4108-8P-4KS2 ?

Tester1234

n3wb
Reaction score
OK. Thanks. So it should work if I can get the information. Maybe I am lucky and there is someone out there who has done it already with this NVR.

Last edited:

BillG

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Might try holding the reset button down for at least a minute, or even till it beeps. I've had Dahua cams that wouldn't reset at less than a minute.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm just lurking and could do more damage than good sticking my nose in :). I found this picture of a dahua camera serial connector and figure it's logical that they'd use a standard pinout across all the devices. An oscilloscope would be the best for debugging this. A multimeter would probably work ok to identify the ground pin.
cameraSerial.jpg

Barboots

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Would it be appropriate to either:
  • carefully unsolder the button battery to clear all dynamic data, or;
  • short out the button battery to achieve the same?

I would only use the first method, however I have read satisfactory reports of the second method in context with other types of equipment.

Cheers, Steve

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, but neither is useful, and the second is potentially dangerous.
On an NVR, the battery is used to keep the RTC (real time clock) operating when power is off.
The device configuration is stored in files in the flash memory.

Tester1234

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried the reset button several times. I pressed it, disconnected the power and left my finger on the button, reconnected and left my finger on the button for 45 seconds. No beep, nothing.

To remove the battery, I thought myself of doing that but as @alastairstevenson wrote, I didn't do it yet.

Last edited:

Barboots

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Sorry, but neither is useful, and the second is potentially dangerous.
On an NVR, the battery is used to keep the RTC (real time clock) operating when power is off.
The device configuration is stored in files in the flash memory.
No need to be "sorry", as it was posed in question.

However thanks for clarification regarding the duties of the backup battery.

misiekgab

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello.
I have a similar problem, I changed the firmware to v4, but I found that I would go back to v3 and the problem with the suspending recorder began. I am asking for any suggestions. below is the link to the movie

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
before mucking around with a serial connection, i would take a packet capture to see if the unit ARP's (for a tftp server) at bootup. if so, that may be an easier way to re-flash it with appropriate firmware...

this thread refers mostly to cameras, but the Dahua 9and OEM'd) NVR's most likely behave the same way, tho i haven't played with one myself (cams yes).
Dahua IPC EASY unbricking / recovery over TFTP