server built-in camera

Bigred

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm trying to set up my built-in camera on my hp all-in-one in bi5 as a new camera. Can't find info by using search. Any help please?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Last year I set up an HP All-in-One (HP 20?) with its built-in webcam to stream to my BI4 server, so BI5 should work as well.
I installed the free Yawcam on the HP and using the HP's port 8081 streamed MJPEG to BI.
It's late now but I'll get together 3 screenshots of the Yawcam configs and 1 screenshot of the BI config and post here tomorrow morning (Thurs. 8/29) probably after 9 AM Central.

Bigred

n3wb
Reaction score
Last year I set up an HP All-in-One (HP 20?) with its built-in webcam to stream to my BI4 server, so BI5 should work as well.
I installed the free Yawcam on the HP and using the HP's port 8081 streamed MJPEG to BI.
It's late now but I'll get together 3 screenshots of the Yawcam configs and 1 screenshot of the BI config and post here tomorrow morning (Thurs. 8/29) probably after 9 AM Central.
Great. I’ll be watching tomorrow!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm trying to set up my built-in camera on my hp all-in-one in bi5 as a new camera. Can't find info by using search. Any help please?
if its built into the blue iris server machine simply select usb in the video tab and it will give you the option for integrated camera.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1^^
"The Man" is right (as usual....yawn).:smash:
I had failed to note the post title "server built-in camera" and was thinking of what I had done in the past; the webcam was on another PC on my LAN, not on my BI server.

Bigred

n3wb
Reaction score
Worked like a charm. Thanks mucho
Can you send the screenshots? I'm installing a second logitech webcam (S5500) on another network computer and would like to see how you set yours up. I've installed yawcam but can't make a connection using find/inspect in bi5

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Can you send the screenshots? I'm installing a second logitech webcam (S5500) on another network computer and would like to see how you set yours up. I've installed yawcam but can't make a connection using find/inspect in bi5
I don't have the HP All-in-One anymore so I can't refine these or help much more than providing these 3 screenshots of Yawcam and the 1 of the config of BI4 that worked. FWIW, Yawcam has decent online Help.

YawCam1.jpg

YawCam2.jpg

YawCam3.jpg

Blue_Iris_Config3.jpg

Bigred

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't have the HP All-in-One anymore so I can't refine these or help much more than providing these 3 screenshots of Yawcam and the 1 of the config of BI4 that worked. FWIW, Yawcam has decent online Help.

View attachment 46965

View attachment 46964

View attachment 46963

View attachment 46966
Great help, thanks!!! I did run into some idiosyncrasies with getting this thing to work, though. I noticed that yawcam won't keep the "streaming" selection when the program is closed down, and it reverts to "motion". I have to close "motion" and re-select "streaming", and also leave yawcam running. Also, after setting everything up the way your printscreen shows on the "Network IP camera configuration" page, after hitting "find/inspect" the Model changes to "RTSP H,264........", and the video path is wiped out. Media/video/rtsp port is slammed also, and has to be changed back to 8081. If, and ONLY if these three fields are corrected before clicking OK, the camera will be operational.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I recall now when I did this a year ago I had to set yawcam to minimize (get out of the way) so the webcam could be viewed.