Setting a schedule for email alerts

smiffy

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

Currently I have no schedule for BI v4.

What I'd like to be able to do is to prevent one specific camera from emailing trigger alerts between 6pm and 6am. Is this going to be possible?

I'd still want this camera to record (locally) any trigger events.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Sure... Set up a schedule for that specific time and disable alerts for that profile

ericdt

n3wb
Reaction score
OK, I feel like an idiot (and perhaps I am), but I tried anything under the sun (and moon) to make this work... For some reason I have the hardest time just disabling email alerts during day time hours... I managed to disable both motion triggers and alerts, but that is not what I am looking for. I still want to record on all cams 24/7 based upon motion triggers.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, I feel like an idiot (and perhaps I am), but I tried anything under the sun (and moon) to make this work... For some reason I have the hardest time just disabling email alerts during day time hours... I managed to disable both motion triggers and alerts, but that is not what I am looking for. I still want to record on all cams 24/7 based upon motion triggers.
Welcome to the forum. You need to have two profiles, one active during the day and one for evening..
Then simply disable the alerts for each camera under the day...

ericdt

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks "fenderman"! I think it clicked. I basically set a customer schedule for the 3 out of 11 cams that need to send emails after hours, "blocking out" the 10 PM - 7 AM time slot with a profile other than the default one. Then, for each such cam, I select the alternate profile and enabled the email alerts. It seems to keep the settings as desired, so I'll know more by tomorrow evening whether I did it right. :) Thanks again!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks "fenderman"! I think it clicked. I basically set a customer schedule for the 3 out of 11 cams that need to send emails after hours, "blocking out" the 10 PM - 7 AM time slot with a profile other than the default one. Then, for each such cam, I select the alternate profile and enabled the email alerts. It seems to keep the settings as desired, so I'll know more by tomorrow evening whether I did it right. :) Thanks again!
While that will work, you dont need to set a custom schedule for the three cams..simply set a global schedule with this new profile..for the cams that will not be alerting, simply disable alerts during that profile, then for the cams that will be alerting set alerts..remember that each profile has independent alert, motion and record settings, so make sure to adjust those accordingly in each camera.