Setting Blue Iris on TinyCam PRO

skywaytp

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm grateful for the opportunity to test TinyCam PRO per Alexvas' request. I purchased the software earlier, but now I'm testing it with a BETA version with new feature: Blue Iris.

No matter much I set up as one system (using Blue Iris PC's ip) or with individual cam (using cam's IP), the display come out the same as a whole set which make it extremely difficult to control the cams individually. The same whole display will be duplicated accordingly to the number of individual cameras.
For example, 02 same pictures of the whole thing (9 cameras) will be stacked and displayed if I set up BI on TinyCam then repeat the process with one of the 9 cameras that we have.

Attached is a photo of the BI system named as Cam1 when it is set up on TinyCam PRO. Any suggestion to set up with the cameras displayed individually? Many thanks.

Screenshot_20180902-195332_tinyCam PRO1.jpg

danbutter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is this beta so we aren't limited to mjpeg anymore?

The way I do it in tinycam is:
Camera Brand = Blue Iris
Model = v4
Hostname is the BI PC's address
Web port is whatever port you have set in your install
Then I go to advanced settings and under Channel Number put 1 for Cam1 2 for Cam2 and so on.

Last edited:

danbutter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well the updated version came to the play store and it lookd like there is a bit comment pn.
The channel asignments were off by a couple.
So it seems that channel one is all the cams you have
Channel two is a rotating view of all your cams and then channel three starts as cam1.
Can get data with the proprietary h264, but its suuuuuuper slow.

blahdc

n3wb
Reaction score
This must be my issue as well! Thanks for posting. I wish tiny cam would have mentioned this somewhere more visible instead of just updating.

blahdc

n3wb
Reaction score
Well the updated version came to the play store and it lookd like there is a bit comment pn.
The channel asignments were off by a couple.
So it seems that channel one is all the cams you have
Channel two is a rotating view of all your cams and then channel three starts as cam1.
Can get data with the proprietary h264, but its suuuuuuper slow.
I get the same thing but channel 3 is another split view of my cameras. Channel 4 is where my individual cameras start. I have the same issue H264 has horrible frame rates. I'm not sure if this is because I have wireless cameras or maybe a server hardware limitation. By going with MJPEG it runs fine.