Setting static ip windows 8

Ajpepe72

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
my 1 year old has developed a nasty habit of switching the power to my blue iris PC of when ever he gets the chance.
On restart the web server always has a different IP address meaning I have to go into my router and change the port forward settings to allow the new port.
I've had a look in my network adapters settings in the network and sharing centre but I have 2 adapters and not sure which one I should be setting to a static address, I have one adapter named 'ethernet' and one named 'local area connection'
Any advise would be great as I've tried the Ethernet one but the cameras just go offline if I change that one,and changing the lan one doesn't seem to change anything in the web server tab of B.i ?
Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
my 1 year old has developed a nasty habit of switching the power to my blue iris PC of when ever he gets the chance.
On restart the web server always has a different IP address meaning I have to go into my router and change the port forward settings to allow the new port.
I've had a look in my network adapters settings in the network and sharing centre but I have 2 adapters and not sure which one I should be setting to a static address, I have one adapter named 'ethernet' and one named 'local area connection'
Any advise would be great as I've tried the Ethernet one but the cameras just go offline if I change that one,and changing the lan one doesn't seem to change anything in the web server tab of B.i ?
Thanks.
you dont have to do anything on your pc...go into your router and setup dhcp reservation...