Setting the Time

Blue65

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am trying to set the correct time on my NVR and then that time gets propagated out to all my cameras. Is this possible or do I have to have to go to each camera and point it to a NTP Server. I think what I would ultimately like to do is make the NVR my time server, if that is possible and then that time is sent out to the cameras. Sorry for such a basic question. I have done a bit of searching and I keep running into folks running blue iris and not really my kind of setup.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Is this possible or do I have to have to go to each camera and point it to a NTP Server.
Normally would just point the NVR time settings configuration to an internet time server and it will then manage the time on all connected cameras.
There are many available, for example
time.windows.com
pool.ntp.org
time.google.com

Blue65

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Normally would just point the NVR time settings configuration to an internet time server and it will then manage the time on all connected cameras.
time.windows.com
pool.ntp.org
time.google.com
Thanks, I know this seems so trivial, but I had been struggling with it b/c I was not sure if I wanted to do it on the NVR or the individual cameras. I think some cameras had their own times while the NVR had it set. I think they are all good now. Thanks

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm assuming you don't have any outbound traffic from the NVR to the Internet except for NTP, right?

time.windows.com
pool.ntp.org
time.google.com