Setting up a record schedule

BadBlake

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a ipcam (Dahua) that I want to create a recording schedule for. I want to have recording active (when triggered) from 0830 to 1030 every day.How to set this up? I'm still on Blue Iris 4.8.6.3. Any help will be appreciated. :)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a ipcam (Dahua) that I want to create a recording schedule for. I want to have recording active (when triggered) from 0830 to 1030 every day.How to set this up? I'm still on Blue Iris 4.8.6.3. Any help will be appreciated. :)
simply create two profiles.

BadBlake

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have 2 profiles. 1 for day and 1 for night relative to sunrise/sunset. One of my 7 connected cams is not set for recording at all on these 2 profiles. Now I want it to record from 0830 to 1030 when triggered. In the schedule for this cam I set it to override global profiles. I drew a timeline in the chart from 0830 to 1030 for the profile which I created, called "recording exceptions". I activated record when triggered on the RECORD page (choosing recording exception profile) and I activated motion sensor on the TRIGGER page (choosing recording exception profile). Now the cam records whenever it detects movement -not in the specified time I entered in the chart. What am I doing wrong?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have 2 profiles. 1 for day and 1 for night relative to sunrise/sunset. One of my 7 connected cams is not set for recording at all on these 2 profiles. Now I want it to record from 0830 to 1030 when triggered. In the schedule for this cam I set it to override global profiles. I drew a timeline in the chart from 0830 to 1030 for the profile which I created, called "recording exceptions". I activated record when triggered on the RECORD page (choosing recording exception profile) and I activated motion sensor on the TRIGGER page (choosing recording exception profile). Now the cam records whenever it detects movement -not in the specified time I entered in the chart. What am I doing wrong?
Maybe these videos will help:

Blue Iris - Schedules

Blue Iris - Working with Profiles

BadBlake

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've seen them. It covers global profiles, but I want to override a global profil for this camera to record at the times that I've specified. Can't get it to work properly. It either records 24/7 or not at all.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've seen them. It covers global profiles, but I want to override a global profil for this camera to record at the times that I've specified. Can't get it to work properly. It either records 24/7 or not at all.
The "Schedule" tab under a specific camera's "Properties" has a checkbox at upper left in BI4 to override the global schedule.

FWIW, you might get quicker and better assistance by posting your issue in the more relevant "Blue Iris Troubleshooting" forum.

BadBlake

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
simply create two profiles.

BadBlake

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, I know. I was just trying to get a response from my first post, but I finally managed to get it working without any outside help. but thanks anyway. :)